Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lofs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Lofs Post 302099900 by silicate on Thursday 14th of December 2006 02:52:11 PM
Old 12-14-2006
i only use loopback when mounting iso's

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lofs

Hi gang! I've just tried to build a Loopback FS, and I used the option "ro" not knowing what it was meaning, as in the example I have for this feature... mount -F lofs -o ro /my_rep /my_image_rep and of course now I'm stuck with my LOFS which is read-only... not really what I want to have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

auto mount lofs

Hi All, I want to mount one directory to other. i.e /export/home/dju to /dju It's like a link ( link -s ). but I don't want to use this( link method ) . I try to use : mount -F lofs /export/home/dju /dju the question is, how do I use this mount method with automount ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdjuarsa
1 Replies

3. Solaris

lofs

hi all, I was going through the /lib/svc/methods/fs-root file and found this command /usr/sbin/mount -O -F lofs $MOE /lib/libc.so.1 can anyone please explain to me what it does. i know what lofs does what lib.so.1 and what mount is , but am not able to interpret it as its written in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Solaris

lofs

Hi all, I am unable to comprehend these instructions. please help if ; then /usr/sbin/mount -O -F lofs $MOE /lib/libc.so.1 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Normal LOFS behaviour?

I've got one directory LOFS mounted on top of another (this is to help move from an older standard that we used to follow to a newer one that we will be). Something like this: bash-3.00# df -k | grep /x /dev/md/dsk/d4 77449687 88172 76587019 1% /x /x ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
1 Replies

6. Solaris

LOFS file system

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the lofs file system or point me towards some link which can help ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

7. Solaris

df error for lofs file system in local zone.

I 've a zone which is running oracle db instance. We have exported the SAN file system from the global zone as following fs: dir: /oradb special: /oradb raw not specified type: lofs options: from global zone #df -h | grep oradb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LOFS in Solaris zone, privileges

Hi all Can i check, if I have a lofs filesystem in my local zone (myzone) for - e.g. global-zone -> /db/myzone (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 ufs) myzone-> /myzone (lofs filesystem) zonecfg -z myzone (add fs set dir=/myzone set special=/db/myzone set type=lofs )q1) If I have install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
LO(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     LO(4)

NAME
lo - software loopback network interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NLOOP 1 # loop-back pseudo-device DESCRIPTION
The loop interface is a software loopback mechanism which may be used for performance analysis, software testing, and/or local communica- tion. As with other network interfaces, the loopback interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl. The loopback interface should be the last interface con- figured, as protocols may use the order of configuration as an indication of priority. The loopback should never be configured first unless no hardware interfaces exist. DIAGNOSTICS
lo%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), inet(4F), ns(4F) BUGS
Previous versions of the system enabled the loopback interface automatically, using a nonstandard Internet address (127.1). Use of that address is now discouraged; a reserved host address for the local network should be used instead. 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 1, 1987 LO(4)