Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can mailx use a specified interface? Post 302099862 by sparcguy on Thursday 14th of December 2006 09:58:41 AM
Old 12-14-2006
check your /etc/hosts file for the mailhost entry

make sure from your box you are able to ping to the mailhost

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

no such interface

Hi Community, I've a problem with an interface of my Sun Workstation: when I try to plumb hme0 interface I see this output: # ifconfig hme0 <ip_address> netmask <mask> plumb #ifconfig: plumb: hme0: no such interface I've the same thing with dhcp service. could you provide any solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to down interface without name

Hi, ifconfig -a return: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:3D:12:9D:5A inet addr:172.19.208.7 Bcast:172.19.208.63 Mask:255.255.255.192 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:211478649 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djbuly
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

6. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interface

Hi All, How to check whether a Interface has a single port or dual port.Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
NIFIND(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NIFIND(1)

NAME
nifind - find a directory in the NetInfo hierarchy SYNOPSIS
nifind [ -anvp ] [ -t timeout ] directory [ domain ] DESCRIPTION
nifind searches for the named directory in the NetInfo hierarchy. It starts at the local domain and climbs up through the hierarchy until it reaches the root domain. Any occurrences of directory are reported by directory ID number. If the optional domain argument is given, then nifind stops climbing at that point in the hierarchy. The domain argument must be specified by an absolute or relative domain name. When invoked with the -a option, nifind searches for the named directory in the entire NetInfo hierarchy (or the subtree with domain as the root if domain is specified). The -n option exempts local domains from the search. nifind uses a default two second connection timeout when contacting a domain. The connection timeout can be overridden with the -t option. OPTIONS
-a Search for directory in the entire NetInfo hierarchy. -n Exempt local directories from the search. -p Print directory contents. -t timeout Specify an integer value as the connection timeout (in seconds). -v Produce verbose output. EXAMPLES
% nifind /printers/inky /printers/inky found in /software, id = 202 /printers/inky found in /, id = 357 % nifind -a /machines/mailhost /sales /machines/mailhost found in /sales, id = 234 % nifind -v /users/uid=164 /users/uid=164 not found in /sales/polaris /users/uid=164 not found in /sales /users/uid=164 found in /, id = 451 % nifind -p /machines/mailhost /machines/mailhost found in /sales, id=171 name: zippy mailhost ip_address: 192.42.172.5 /machines/mailhost found in /, id = 350 name: zorba mailhost ip_address: 192.42.172.1 SEE ALSO
netinfo(5) AUTHOR
Marc Majka, Apple Computer Inc. BUGS
nifind does not complain if domain is not an ancestor specified in a normal search. Apple Computer, Inc. August 9, 1994 NIFIND(1)