Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX way to copy only changed files Post 302099857 by bakunin on Thursday 14th of December 2006 09:04:42 AM
Old 12-14-2006
either rsync as mentioned or the find-command with the "-mtime" clause. man find for details.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two flat files and get changed data

Hi, I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script With Regds Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to Copy Files Changed Recently

I have been toying around with a script that will copy all files altered in a development directory over to a testing directory and have been trying to construct the command to meet my needs. Basically I am using find in a directory to see what files have changed over the past 24 hours. Then if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files in two directories and output changed files to third directory

I have searched about 30 threads, a load of Google pages and cannot find what I am looking for. I have some of the parts but not the whole. I cannot seem to get the puzzle fit together. I have three folders, two of which contain different versions of multiple files, dist/file1.php dist/file2.php... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
4 Replies

4. AIX

script to ftp recent changed files

I am trying to write a script to ftp all files/directories changed in a 24hour period to another AIX server. I have wrote a script to generate a list of all files changed within a 24 hour period but dont know how to then ftp these to another server. How do incorporate ftp into this script? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RApds
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get list of files changed by sed while replacing

Hi We have a shell script to find a string in a large set of files and replace it using the sed command.in the same time we also want to store the list of files it checked. *** The existing script is as below #!/bin/bash #1 _r1="inst_group=ems7770" _r2="inst_group=dba" # Escape path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabkan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find only files that changed Yesterday

Hi , I know that find / -type f -mtime -1 will show all modified files that changed 24hrs preceeding the time i run the command. This will include list of files that changed today. How do i find only files that changed yesterday staring from 00:00hrs to 23:59? Thanks HG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy and modify a file if the original has changed

Hi there, I have built up my own little "cloud" for my family as the amount of computers grows all day. By now we use 3 smartphones, 2 notebooks und 4 PCs, so this "home cloud" was made to store all personal data (photos, documents,...) and do a backup once in a while. It is running on a Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SebSnake
1 Replies

9. Web Development

When VPS IP is changed which web files to edit?

Hello, please when an VPS IP is changed which files on VPS i need to edit? I mean basic apache, named files, which needs to be edited? so far i listen its /var/named and domain zone file which contains old ip.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files to pull changed records only

Hi, I am using Sun Solaris - SunOS. I have two fixed width files shown below. I am trying to find the changes in the records in the Newfile.txt for the records where the key column matches. The first column is a key column (example: A123). If there are any new or deletion of records in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
4 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)