Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting MySQL daemon
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Starting MySQL daemon Post 302099794 by silicate on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 07:02:43 PM
Old 12-13-2006
just check the directory listing inside of /usr/local/etc/rc.d and execute the startup script relating to mysql, unless of course you did not install it from ports, if you compiled it by downloading the sources, i don't think the rc script is included.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mysql not starting with fedora linux

Hi... I have installed mysql in Fedora and when i tried to start mysql the error i get was "Asked for 196608 thread stack" What might be the problem???? I have tried all ways but doesnt work out........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems starting apache 1.3 with mysql

I've been working on a project to replace one of the my group's primary NIS servers. It also runs mysql and apache, as it is the host for the our team's hardware tracking database and website. Its running apache 1.3, and for some odd reason, I can't get apache to start on system boot. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: godspunk32
1 Replies

3. SCO

Stoping & starting the cron daemon

Hi We are running SCO ver 5. Recently the cron daemon stopped running on its own. How do I find out why? How do I restart/stop it? I typed cron but it didn't work. Will rebooting it do the trick or can I manually start and stop the cron daemon? Please help. Thanks & Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: othman
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to starting process as daemon using ssh command?

Hello, I need to run a command on remote Linux using the ssh command from my local machine. I am able to execute the command on remote machine using ssh but it's behaving strangely. The command is supposed to start a daemon process on remote linux box and the control should return back to me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinshukla
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
GIMPTOOL-2.0(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)

NAME
gimptool-2.0 - script to perform various GIMPy functions SYNOPSIS
gimptool-2.0 [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--help] [--quiet] [--silent] [-n] [--just-print] [--dry-run] [--recon] [--msvc-syntax] [--bindir] [--sbindir] [--libexecdir] [--datadir] [--sysconfdir] [--sharedstatedir] [--localstatedir] [--libdir] [--infodir] [--mandir] [--includedir] [--gimpplugindir] [--gimpdatadir] [--libs] [--libs-noui] [--cflags] [--cflags-noi] [--build plug-in.c] [--build-strip plug-in.c] [--install plug-in.c] [--install-strip plug-in.c] [--install-admin plug-in.c] [--install-bin plug-in] [--install-admin-strip plug-in.c] [--install-bin-strip plug-in] [--install-admin-bin plug-in] [--install-script script.scm] [--install-admin-script script.scm] [--uninstall-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-admin-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-script script.scm] [--unin- stall-admin-script script.scm] DESCRIPTION
gimptool-2.0 is a tool that can, among other things, build plug-ins or scripts and install them if they are distributed in one source file. gimptool-2.0 can also be used by programs that need to know what libraries and include-paths GIMP was compiled with. gimptool-2.0 uses pkg- config for this task. For use in Makefiles, it is recommended that you use pkg-config directly instead of calling gimptool-2.0. OPTIONS
gimptool-2.0 accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GIMP on the standard output. --help Print out the help blurb, showing commonly used commandline options. --quiet Run quietly without echoing any of the build commands. --silent Run silently without echoing any of the build commands. Same as --quiet. -n Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Useful for making dry runs for testing. --just-print Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --dry-run Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --recon Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --msvc-syntax Useful on Windows. Outputs the compiler and linker flags in the syntax used by Microsoft's toolchain. Passed to the pkg-config com- mand that does most of gimptool-2.0's work. --bindir Outputs the bindir used to install the GIMP. --sbindir Outputs the sbindir used to install the GIMP. --libexecdir Outputs the libexecdir used to install the GIMP. --datadir Outputs the datadir used to install the GIMP. --sysconfdir Outputs the sysconfdir used to install the GIMP. --sharedstatedir Outputs the sharedstatedir used to install the GIMP. --localstatedir Outputs the localstatedir used to install the GIMP. --libdir Outputs the libdir used to install the GIMP. --infodir Outputs the infodir used to install the GIMP. --mandir Outputs the mandir used to install the GIMP. --includedir Outputs the includedir used to install the GIMP. --gimpdatadir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP data files were installed. --gimpplugindir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP plug-ins were installed. --build plug-in.c Compile and link plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --build-strip plug-in.c Compile,link, and strip plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --install plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins) --install-strip plug-in.c Compile, link,strip, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins) --install-admin plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-script script.scm Install script.scm into the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/scripts) --install-admin-script script.scm Install script.scm into the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --uninstall-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins) --uninstall-admin-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --uninstall-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.6/scripts) --uninstall-admin-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in. --libs-noui Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in, for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in. --clags-noui Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. ENVIRONMENT
CC to get the name of the desired C compiler. CFLAGS to get the preferred flags to pass to the C compiler for plug-in building. DESTDIR to add a prefix to the install/uninstall path. LDFLAGS to get the preferred flags for passing to the linker. LIBS for passing extra libs that may be needed in the build process. For example, LIBS=-lintl . PKG_CONFIG to get the location of the pkg-config program that is used to determine details about your glib, pango, gtk+ and gimp installation. SEE ALSO
gimp(1), gimprc(5), pkg-config(1) AUTHORS
gimptool was written by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org) and is based on gtk-config by Owen Taylor (owen@gtk.org). This man page was written by Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org), and tweaked by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org), Adrian Likins (adrian@gimp.org) and Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com>). GIMP Manual Pages Version 2.6.8 GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)