Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network Path Not Found Error "Sunfire V100" Post 302099734 by louisd11 on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 12:20:52 PM
Old 12-13-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
you CAN use it as network storage device... with nfs (which is the default in unix) or you can install samba to use it in your windows environment. ftp is enabled by default! look in "/etc/inetd.conf" for "ftpd" and make sure the user you use for ftp is NOT in "/etc/ftpd/ftpusers" (afair....)

hth,
DN2
This is what was in /etc/inetd.conf:
Quote:
# Legacy configuration file for inetd(1M). See inetd.conf(4).
#
# This file is no longer directly used to configure inetd.
# The Solaris services which were formerly configured using this file
# are now configured in the Service Management Facility (see smf(5))
# using inetadm(1M).
#
# Any records remaining in this file after installation or upgrade,
# or later created by installing additional software, must be converted
# to smf(5) services and imported into the smf repository using
# inetconv(1M), otherwise the service will not be available. Once
# a service has been converted using inetconv, further changes made to
# its entry here are not reflected in the service.
#
#
# CacheFS daemon. Provided only as a basis for conversion by inetconv(1M).
#
100235/1 tli rpc/ticotsord wait root /usr/lib/fs/cachefs/cachefsd cachefsd"
# TFTPD - tftp server (primarily used for booting)
#tftp dgram udp6 wait root /usr/sbin/in.tftpd in.tftpd -s /tft
pboot
What do I need to edit in this file?

Edit: Nm I figured it out Thankyou for your help

Last edited by louisd11; 12-13-2006 at 01:26 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Same ol "no acceptable cc found in $PATH" but I'm not clueless... just still a noob

Hey All, Let me start out w/ I have serched the forums and found this to be a typical problem. None of the threads have been able to help in my situation though. I know cc or gcc needs to be installed in ...bin]# (or lead the path of the app to wherever gcc is when compiling) so the app can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SloYerRoll
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

"No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation

I'm trying to install Redhat LInux AS 4 update 4 on an IBM x306 series server. I keep getting following error: "No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem." I called IBM and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris9 - qlogic HBAs - luxadm reports "Found path to 0 HBA ports"

Hi All, I'm actually trying to configure a Qlogic HBA on a solaris9 connecting in a Brocade SAN. I installed Solaris9 and now trying to look at FC devices.. bash-2.05# luxadm -e port Found path to 0 HBA ports bash-2.05# luxadm probe No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Could interrupt disabled cause "opreport error: No sample file found"?

Hi All I would like to profile my application with oprofile but I can't since no samples are collected. The kernel of my app is 2.6 on RED HAT Enterprise 5.3 (Tikanga) so OProfile is setup in timer interrupt mode # opcontrol --list-events Using timer interrupt. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Avoiding DOS space related "path not found errors"

Well I have a lot of scripts that require dragging and dropping files in order to define Source files etc. However more often then not it is the case that the path to said file contains NUMEROUS spaces. I know one way to evade this problem is to encase the path in Quotes like this: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Changing "rx_queue_number" in "ixgbe.conf". Reboot or Network Restart?

Hi all, First post here. Working on Solaris 10, on a Sun t4-4, need to change RX queue depth(ethernet, not HBA) and was wondering if i could get by with just restarting the network or if i should just bounce the whole shebang. Apologies if i missed a similar thread. if there is one, please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspnx
2 Replies
inetd.conf(4)                                                      File Formats                                                      inetd.conf(4)

NAME
inetd.conf - Internet servers database SYNOPSIS
/etc/inet/inetd.conf /etc/inetd.conf DESCRIPTION
In the current release of the Solaris operating system, the inetd.conf file is no longer directly used to configure inetd. The Solaris ser- vices which were formerly configured using this file are now configured in the Service Management Facility (see smf(5)) using inetadm(1M). Any records remaining in this file after installation or upgrade, or later created by installing additional software, must be converted to smf(5) services and imported into the SMF repository using inetconv(1M), otherwise the service will not be available. For Solaris operating system releases prior to the current release (such as Solaris 9), the inetd.conf file contains the list of servers that inetd(1M) invokes when it receives an Internet request over a socket. Each server entry is composed of a single line of the form: service-name endpoint-type protocol wait-status uid server-program server-arguments Fields are separated by either <SPACE> or <TAB> characters. A `#' (number sign) indicates the beginning of a comment; characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines that search this file. service-name The name of a valid service listed in the services file. For RPC services, the value of the service-name field con- sists of the RPC service name or program number, followed by a '/' (slash) and either a version number or a range of version numbers, for example, rstatd/2-4. endpoint-type Can be one of: stream for a stream socket dgram for a datagram socket raw for a raw socket seqpacket for a sequenced packet socket tli for all TLI endpoints protocol A recognized protocol listed in the file /etc/inet/protocols. For servers capable of supporting TCP and UDP over IPv6, the following protocol types are also recognized: tcp6 udp6 tcp6 and udp6 are not official protocols; accordingly, they are not listed in the /etc/inet/protocols file. Here the inetd program uses an AF_INET6 type socket endpoint. These servers can also handle incoming IPv4 client requests in addition to IPv6 client requests. For RPC services, the field consists of the string rpc followed by a '/' (slash) and either a '*' (asterisk), one or more nettypes, one or more netids, or a combination of nettypes and netids. Whatever the value, it is first treated as a nettype. If it is not a valid nettype, then it is treated as a netid. For example, rpc/* for an RPC service using all the transports supported by the system (the list can be found in the /etc/netconfig file), equiv- alent to saying rpc/visible rpc/ticots for an RPC service using the Connection-Oriented Transport Service. wait-status This field has values wait or nowait. This entry specifies whether the server that is invoked by inetd will take over the listening socket associated with the service, and whether once launched, inetd will wait for that server to exit, if ever, before it resumes listening for new service requests. The wait-status for datagram servers must be set to wait, as they are always invoked with the orginal datagram socket that will participate in delivering the service bound to the specified service. They do not have separate "listening" and "accepting" sockets. Accordingly, do not configure UDP services as nowait. This causes a race condition by which the inetd program selects on the socket and the server program reads from the socket. Many server programs will be forked, and performance will be severely compromised. Connection-oriented services such as TCP stream services can be designed to be either wait or nowait status. uid The user ID under which the server should run. This allows servers to run with access privileges other than those for root. server-program Either the pathname of a server program to be invoked by inetd to perform the requested service, or the value internal if inetd itself provides the service. server-arguments If a server must be invoked with command line arguments, the entire command line (including argument 0) must appear in this field (which consists of all remaining words in the entry). If the server expects inetd to pass it the address of its peer, for compatibility with 4.2BSD executable daemons, then the first argument to the command should be specified as %A. No more than 20 arguments are allowed in this field. The %A argument is implemented only for services whose wait-status value is nowait. FILES
/etc/netconfig network configuration file /etc/inet/protocols Internet protocols /etc/inet/services Internet network services SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), rsh(1), in.tftpd(1M), inetadm(1M), inetconv(1M), inetd(1M), services(4), smf(5) NOTES
/etc/inet/inetd.conf is the official SVR4 name of the inetd.conf file. The symbolic link /etc/inetd.conf exists for BSD compatibility. This man page describes inetd.conf as it was supported in Solaris operating system releases prior to the current release. The services that were configured by means of inetd.conf are now configured in the Service Management Facility (see smf(5)) using inetadm(1M). SunOS 5.10 17 Dec 2004 inetd.conf(4)