Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KSH emulator
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users KSH emulator Post 302099583 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 03:36:21 AM
Old 12-13-2006
cygwin is unix emulation for windows. It's free, and you can download any one of several shells.

google for download cygwin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Windows Emulator?

I have heard of something called a windows emulator that allows you to run windows programs in linux, does this realy work? can I run any windows program (like a computer game)? and where can I get it :p (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
13 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Telnet Emulator

What's the best Telnet and SSH for Win32 platforms, along with an xterm terminal emulator to use nowadays? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Emulator

Where can I download a unix Emulator for Training and education of the IT personal in my company. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: st_matan
9 Replies

4. Linux

how to use terminal emulator???

hello, can any body tell how to use terminal emulator.... i want to check he serial port communication with the help of that terminal emmulator.... also tell me how to open terminal emmulator.....and how to configure it........and how to use it... I am using fedora core 6..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
1 Replies

5. Programming

Floating point Emulator

what is floating point emulator(FPE)? where and why it is used? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP?

Not quite sure if this is the right section, but you guys know lots of good stuff. Is there a good OS X emulator that I can put on my Windows XP system? I have PC's and at work/lab they run everything on mac's. Due to program compatibility issues, it would be nice if I could run mac software on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use ps command on SFU emulator ?

Hi all How can I use ps command on korn shell emulated by SFU on Windows Server ? All others commands work fine, but this one I don't know :confused: Many thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:12 AM ---------- Ok, it works fine in fact, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
0 Replies

8. Programming

Terminal emulator from scratch.

I wanna write a terminal emulator program from scratch. I downloaded the sources of xterm but they are too complex... I did not found any documentation on the Internet, so I asking you where I have to start. I learnt only C, and I have the basics of GTK library. Thanks for any reply. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
22 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulator

Hi, I was just wondering how to distinguish between the two terms: 1. Terminal emulator (vt100, vt220 and so on) 2. shell command line Then i decided to conclude myself that these 2 are very equivalent. am I right? this actually came to my mind when I was using my HP-UX terminal. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

10. Hardware

SparcStation 20 emulator

Hello, Just wanted to let interested people know that we've recently released a Linux freeware version of SparcStation 20 emulator. It emulates SS20 with some basic peripherals: a single SPARC V8 32bit CPU, up to 512MB RAM, an NCR53C94 SCSI controller, 2 serial lines, disks, a network adapter,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thlan
7 Replies
bterm(1)						      General Commands Manual							  bterm(1)

NAME
bterm - framebuffer terminal emulator SYNOPSIS
bterm -f font.bgf [-l locale] [program] DESCRIPTION
bterm is a terminal emulator for the Linux framebuffer. It supports multibyte locales and wide characters, in addition to basic terminal features such as cursor positioning. OPTIONS
-f font.bgf Specify the font. BGF fonts are produced by bdftobogl(1) from standard BDF font files. -l locale Specify a locale for bterm and processes run within it. The locale may also be specified normally in the environment. If a locale, especially one with a different character set than the current locale, will be used inside of bterm, it should be specified on the command line. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1-125 Exit code from executed program 127 Failed to exec program >=128 Program terminated by signal. NOTES
On Debian systems, one appropriate BDF font can be found in the bf-utf-source package. SEE ALSO
bdftobogl(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>. BOGL
31 March 2002 bterm(1)