Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install Solaris on a T1000
Operating Systems Solaris Install Solaris on a T1000 Post 302099480 by gandolf989 on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 10:13:03 AM
Old 12-12-2006
Install Solaris on a T1000

We have a Sun T1000 that was supposed to get used on another project. We don't think it has an os, and it does not have a cd/dvd drive. How do people normally install an os under such circumstances. Also, I need to get it hooked up to a console to see what happens on boot.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun T1000 application low performance

Hello All. I have Sun T1000 server with Solaris 10. On T1000 installed EMC smarts, application for monitoring network devices via SNMP + SNMP. So, Smarts has own DB (contains object - devices and relationships), file takes 30 mb, now, all queries to DB works very slow, so Smarts works too slow,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemulll
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Get the battery status (Sparc T1000)

Hi, How to get the battery status and temperature using command in Solaris? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Single mode on T1000 machine

We know that T1000 machines hasn't got a vga and usb ports. It only has ALOM,Serial and ethernet ports. When the machine booting up give a below error messages permanently. Picture is atteched. WARNING: init(1M) exited on fatal signal 9: restarting automatically WARNING: init(1M)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun T1000 performance

Hi If you had a choice of processor for a general purpose web server, either: A. T1, 8-core. (in a T1000, 8GB, 72GB SAS x 2) or B. Dual 1.6GHZ USIIIi (in a Sun Blade 2500 Silver Workstation, 4GB, 146GB SCSI) Would A be significantly better than B? Even on single-threaded tasks? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edik
0 Replies

6. Solaris

T1000 Sun Solaris server root login blocked

Hi, Can someone tell me how to re-activate the root login of T1000 sun solaris server. Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdull
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
cdde(1) 																   cdde(1)

NAME
cdde - Compact Disc Detect & Execute SYNOPSIS
cdde [-c filename] [-rbvVh] DESCRIPTION
cdde is a program that detects when a cdrom drive on your system has had a disc inserted. When it finds a disc inserted in the drive it will attempt to determine the type of the disc, and execute a specified command. This means you can put in a dvd and your favorite dvd software will start, or put in a data cd and it will be automatically mounted for you. Right now cdde can detect the following types of discs: * audio cd * data cd * dvd * mixed audio/data cd * vcd * svcd * blank cdr/dvdr For now the dvd checking is just a bit of magic that checks to see if there's a "video_ts" directory on the disc. Same goes for the vcd checking: it just looks for a "vcd" directory on the disc. cdde reads its configuration from "~/.cdde.xml" unless otherwise specified on the command line. OPTIONS
-r, --run Run commands on disc already in drive when is started. -b, --batch Batch mode: check all drives once then exit. (implies -r) -c, --config <filename> Use the config file <filename>. (Default is ~/.cdde.xml) -v, --verbose Print out lots of information. -V, --version Print out version information. -h, --help Print Display this help and exit. FILES
~/.cdde.xml SEE ALSO
cdde.xml(5) AUTHORS
Eric Lathrop <eric@ericlathrop.com> Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> WEBSITE
For the latest release of cdde, see: http://cdde.sourceforge.net/ Eric Lathrop 0.3.1 cdde(1)