Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Possible to restrict SED
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Possible to restrict SED Post 302099400 by anbu23 on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 12:27:07 AM
Old 12-12-2006
try this
Code:
echo $d | sed -e "s,/CELL,X,g"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restrict account to one log-in?

Our users have the tendency to use only one login account, to do their jobs. Obvious itīs a matter of training our users. But our internal audit team insists on restrictions from our system. So is there an option to restrict an account to only login once into the system? We use HP-UX 11.0. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Egroman
0 Replies

2. Solaris

restrict a user to certain command

Hi all, I am using Sun OS 5.10. I am new to Unix. Is there some way to restrict a specific user to certain command say "/usr/bin/more" ?? for example: I want that user1 can execute more command & user2 can't. Can we somehow edit .profile file in the home directory of user to achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

3. Solaris

restrict commands

Dears, how to determine the commands that could be used by certain user..like I want to prevent some users from running pwd command???? Thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict in file creation

Hi, how to restrict directories with one type of file creation. thanks and regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nk_bastia
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

restrict USB

Hi, How can i restrict use of USB in redhat. & also is it possible to allow USB devices for only specific devices or only few known penDrives......? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict Access to the folder

Hi I have requirement to create 3 new users on my server but to restrict their access to a set of particular folders. /export/home/kapil/shared, /export/home/kapil/shared/Folder1 /export/home/kapil/shared/Folder2 These folders should be accessible to all the 3 users and to me too.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i restrict commands

hi all, i want to restrict commands to run from a specifc directory..and to make that only some specific commands to run ,,not all. please help me ...how can i make this happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict user access.

Hi All, How can we restrict a particular user access to a particular shell in solaris 10. Thanks in Advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict access

I'm trying to use squid to restrict elinks' access to certain websites(only http traffic). I have tried some configs in squid.conf but no luck. Hope someone has a bit of time to explain me how can you make these config's :) ---------- Post updated at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Birnbacher
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Restrict sudo -i

Hi, I wanted add a group to the sudoers file so they can run sudo commands and blocked su command but it seems they can just run sudo -i to switch to root which defeats my purpose. Is it possible to block sudo -i with the help of sudoers file or any other way. Please advise. The below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jartan
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)