Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about batched commands Post 302099344 by fenixbeta on Monday 11th of December 2006 01:17:20 PM
Old 12-11-2006
Thanks man, you save my life.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batched rlogin

I want to write a batch file that issues the rlogin command with the username and password. Is there a way to pass a user password to the rlogin command? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyoakum
5 Replies

2. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh commands in ksh question

Is there a way to shorten these commands? because this script asks for a password 3 times scp -p /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ${servername$iy]}://usr/local/bin/ ssh ${servernames} /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ssh ${servernames} rm -f /usr/local/bin/${script_name} Basically, I'm creating a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about awk commands

what does this mean? cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print $5}' | \ awk -F, '{print $1}' | \ awk '{print tolower($l)};{print tolower($2)}' | \ grep -v '^$' >> local_tmp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hin-linux
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about shell commands...

Hello, I have the following is a txt file: !!! man.uni.com address 141.000.001 to you.uni.com !!! man.uni.com address 141.000.002 to wae1.uni.com !!! man.uni.com address 141.000.003 to kim2.uni.com I want to get you,wae and kim from the text and put them in a diffrent file in the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew1400
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob scripting question with android ADB commands

Hi I'm pretty new to scripting and I've been googling around looking for an answer but have yet to come up with a proper solution. I work with multiple android devices at a time and I'm looking to simplify my life with a script. Basically I'm looking for a script that takes the device ID's and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Onyoursix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner UNIX question. tail and find commands

hey guys, i'm in a unix course.. and while this is a homework question - i did put alittle effort into it. just wanted to ask before trial and error drives me nuts. question 13 has us saving the last 30 characters of a file into another file and question 14 has us saving the list of all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labelthief
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands question

if ] then rm -rf Can anyone tell me what are they checking in the if loop Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands question

I am using HP-UXsystem. I am unable to use the below sed commands. could you please let us know the alternate commands for it. >sed '/unix/ c "Change line"' file.txt sed '/unix/ i "Add a new line"' file.txt any inputs please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. OPTIONS
-V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display help and exit. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek <poe@daimi.aau.dk> AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux August 2011 CTRLALTDEL(8)