Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assistance with Perl and HTTP Post 302099321 by bryanthomas on Monday 11th of December 2006 09:52:14 AM
Old 12-11-2006
I am getting a 500 Can't connect to www.google.com:80 (Connect: Unknown error) < URL:Http://www.google.com>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script assistance; paste word into external command

I'm attempting to create a Perl script that will: Take the contents of the usernames.tmp file (usernames.tmp is created from an awk one-liner ran against /etc/passwd) Take one line at a time and pass it to the su command as a users name. This should go on until there is no more name to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bru
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

In need of multi threaded perl assistance

I need to write a perl script to execute external programs and grab the output and return code. Each program should be killed if it has not completed within X seconds. Imagine that the script goes something like this : @commands = &get_commands(); foreach $cmd (@commands) { $pid =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SandmanCL
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed with perl script

Ok, theres a log file containing the below. Lets call the logfile log_fantastic: 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 0014BF2D385A - STATUS_ID: 30 - STATE: ERROR 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 001310AC120D - STATUS_ID: 15 - STATE: OK 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance in Perl scripting

PFA file "color.txt". Note : There is no newline character in the file. I have manually inserted the newline char to make it easy to understand. I am expecting out in the form as specified in second file "out.txt" I need a perl script to perform the task. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, sed, perl assistance in outputting formatted file

Hello, Please advise. Scoured this site, as well as google for answers. However if you do not know what to search for, it's a bit hard to find answers. INPUT: ACTASS= 802 BASECOS= 279 COSNCHG= 3 CUSCOS= 52 UPLDCOS= 2 DESIRED OUTPUT: ACTASS=802 BASECOS=279 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending http url through http socket programming..

hi am senthil am developing a software to send and receive SMS using HTTP connection first of all am forming a URL and sending that URL to a remote server using my Client Program i send that url through Socket(using Send() Function) if i send more than one URL one by one using the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Http Post over SSL

Hello, I'm using a tunnel broker for tunneling IPv6 traffic, as my ISP does not support it natively. As of recent i switched from Hurricane Electrics tunnel broker to Sixxs. Whenever my IP address changes, i have to manually log in and change it. This is a bit cumbersome so i was thinking of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexp
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl HTTP::Tiny

I'm currently using OpenBSD current as of yesterday. Both curl and wget aren't not part of the OpenBSD base and I would rather attempt to reboot my cable modem (SB6183) using perl HTTP:Tiny if possible. The following 2 commands work and both will reboot my modem: curl -d Rebooting=1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azdps
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance on complicated perl script

As a followup to my previous thread, I'm trying to make a complicated perl script that involves storing information from a text file into a hash, and giving the user the ability to change the information present/write the information currently inside the hash to a new file. This is the code I've... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)