Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copy file from server to client script Post 302099244 by gini on Monday 11th of December 2006 02:29:22 AM
Old 12-11-2006
the situation is....

i just want to zip the 24 hrs separate files into one file (from the server folder/home/scadm/reports/ ) and download to the client system (/home/scadm/reports) daily 12:00AM automatically.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Command for copy a file from one server to another server

hi, which Command is used for copy a file from one server to another server, please provide the syntax and give one small example... Thanks in advance sarwan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
2 Replies

2. Programming

sending file from server to client

hi dear i m very new to socket programing . i need the source code which sends file from server to client . i mean both server n client programe which sends file . can u do this for me please my email id is email id removed regards bilal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Client-server script

Hi all, I am referring to this website . What I'm trying to do is to have a server script which will receive data from GPS in one line and store it in some file. Now from what I can see in this server file, server is sending the data to client but I don't need that .. I need only server script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

4. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file from one server to multiple server

can some one help me to write a shell script that copy one file from one server to multiple server ex:suppose i wnt to copy file abc.txt which is in server 1 to server2,server3,server4....:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the newest file from a different server to your home server.

Hi all, So I am on server 1, and I want to grab the newest file from a particular directory on server 2, and place this in a directory on server 1. I am trying to use: ls -tr | tail -1 This works, and gets me the newest file in a particular directory. Using svn `ls -tr | tail -1` etc I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lexx87
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

*ix script to check port of client server and return output

Hello EveryOne, I am new to *ix. some could help to write a script. Problem :- Have to ssh to so many client and check port or filesystem usage, so thinking to automate using script. What i Need:- when i run script on my Launchpad server, it should Should ask and SSH to user provided... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeFirst
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy apache log files to client directory

Our Apache log files are written to a location on the server that we as clients have no access. Don't ask. Every month, I have to e-mail the administrator to have him manually copy our Apache log files to a directory in our file space. You can probably guess how efficient it is to do things this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregraven
3 Replies
automysqlbackup(8)					    Automatically backup MySQL						automysqlbackup(8)

NAME
automysqlbackup - backup all of your database daily, weekly, and monthly SYNOPSIS
automysqlbackup DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the automysqlbackup command. configuration is stored within the /etc/default/automysqlbackup file PARAMETERS
USERNAME=dbuser Username to access the MySQL server e.g. dbuser PASSWORD="password" Username to access the MySQL server e.g. password DBHOST=localhost Host name (or IP address) of MySQL server e.g localhost DBNAMES="DB1 DB2 DB3" List of DBNAMES for Daily/Weekly Backup e.g. "DB1 DB2 DB3" BACKUPDIR="/backups" Backup directory location e.g /backups MAILCONTENT="stdout" Mail setup What would you like to be mailed to you? - log : send only log file - files : send log file and sql files as attachments (see docs) - stdout : will simply output the log to the screen if run manually. - quiet : Only send logs if an error occurs to the MAILADDR. MAXATTSIZE="4000" Set the maximum allowed email size in k. (4000 = approx 5MB email [see docs]) MAILADDR="user@domain.com" Email Address to send mail to? (user@domain.com) ADVANCED OPTIONS
MDBNAMES="mysql $DBNAMES" List of DBBNAMES for Monthly Backups. DBEXCLUDE="" List of DBNAMES to EXCLUDE if DBNAMES are set to all (must be in " quotes) CREATE_DATABASE=yes Include CREATE DATABASE in backup? SEPDIR=yes Separate backup directory and file for each DB? (yes or no) DOWEEKLY=6 Which day do you want weekly backups at? (1 to 7 where 1 is Monday) COMP=gzip Choose Compression type. (gzip or bzip2) COMMCOMP=no Compress communications between backup server and MySQL server? LATEST=no Additionally keep a copy of the most recent backup in a separate directory. MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET= The maximum size of the buffer for client/server communication. e.g. 16MB (maximum i SOCKET= For connections to localhost. Sometimes the Unix socket file must be specified. #PREBACKUP="/etc/automysqlbackup/mysql-backup-pre" Command to run before backups (uncomment to use) #POSTBACKUP="/etc/automysqlbackup/mysql-backup-post" Command run after backups (uncomment to use) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>. for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but can be used by others. wipe_out 6 Sep 2008 automysqlbackup(8)