Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question about compiling (noob) Post 302099228 by arya6000 on Sunday 10th of December 2006 10:37:06 PM
Old 12-10-2006
k guys, I found the problem, gcc was not installed properly, now it is and now I have a file called a.out after compiling it. How can I run it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob sorting question

Ok here is the deal, I have a command given to me by some systems guy who I cannot get ahold of on the weekend without paying him alot of money to help me. I need to get this done before Monday as I am just getting pummeled by DOS attacks. The comand given was.... netstat -ntu | awk '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hexabah
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob question on comparing #'s.

I have a file with 3 digit numbers in it formatted as such: 123 065 321 How would I go about seeing if each number is less than 100 and if so outputting it to another file Yes, I am a bit of a noob. I have tried with grep but I don't think it'll work. Any general direction would be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkm76
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

noob question about redirecting stderr

I dont know what I am doing wrong but I would like to redirect the stderr output to a file? the specific command is this time wget http://www.something.com/somefile.bin All I want to see is time's output which is stderr so I can see how long the file download took. I've tried redirecting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
2 Replies

4. BSD

Complete noob question: Software installation

I'm a Linux guy who is tring out BSD for the first time... What is the BSD program to automatically fetch and and install software? Is it pkg_add? Will pkg_add automatically fetch and and install software? Does it work on all BSD variants? This is all I could find, but I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Simple Noob Question

I am editing the squid.confi on my server. I am done editing. How do I exit the confi file? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethartha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob question about parsing a website

I'm trying to parse the website, finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ge&ql=1, and retrieve the info between <span id="yfs_l84_ge">18.98</span>, so 18.98. What would be the best way to go about this in a bash script? Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayson
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl array filling *NOOB question*

First time poster here and I'm pretty much a total noob with UNIX and Perl. So please bear with me. With Perl, I'm trying to fill an array with data that is in a CSV file. I would like to fill the array with only one of the columns in the CSV file. I have a file called data.csv: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Question about a VIM script from a absolute noob

What is this script meant to do? How do I make it executable and how do i run it? I am trying to understand what the script is doing and how it is doing it... need a little advice. Here is is.. if then list=`w | grep $user | cut -c19-30` if then echo "The user $user is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanableLector
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop -- noob question

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i am trying to figure why is this not working with else statement. I am searching for every directory in that DIR i am in, however the "else" seems to be triggered whenever the run the script.. Much thanks in advance! #!/bin/shell for item in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reb0rn
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies
TRAMPOLINE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     TRAMPOLINE(3)

NAME
trampoline - closures as first-class C functions SYNOPSIS
#include <trampoline.h> function = alloc_trampoline(address, variable, data); free_trampoline(function); is_trampoline(function) trampoline_address(function) trampoline_variable(function) trampoline_data(function) DESCRIPTION
These functions implement closures as first-class C functions. A closure consists of a regular C function and a piece of data which gets passed to the C function when the closure is called. Closures as first-class C functions means that they fit into a function pointer and can be called exactly like any other C function. func- tion = alloc_trampoline(address, variable, data) allocates a closure. When function gets called, it stores data in the variable variable and calls the C function at address. The function at address is responsible for fetching data out of variable immediately, before execu- tion of any other function call. This is much like gcc's local functions, except that the GNU C local functions have dynamic extent (i.e. are deallocated when the creating function returns), while trampoline provides functions with indefinite extent: function is only deallocated when free_trampoline(function) is called. is_trampoline(function) checks whether the C function function was produced by a call to alloc_trampoline. If this returns true, the argu- ments given to alloc_trampoline can be retrieved: trampoline_address(function) returns address, trampoline_variable(function) returns variable, trampoline_data(function) returns data. SEE ALSO
gcc(1), varargs(3), callback(3) BUGS
Passing the data through a global variable is not reentrant. Don't call trampoline functions from within signal handlers. This is fixed in the callback(3) package. PORTING
The way gcc builds local functions is described in the gcc source, file gcc-2.6.3/config/cpu/cpu.h. AUTHOR
Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many ideas were cribbed from the gcc source. 25 October 1997 TRAMPOLINE(3)