Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read file from within AWK and save $1 to a variable Post 302099111 by robbiegregg on Friday 8th of December 2006 02:53:13 PM
Old 12-08-2006
Thanks very much for the quick reply.

I was wondering if anyone knows how I could you the getline function to read in each record and store in separate variables?

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read popup message and save it in file

Hi, I am trying to automate one of the application using IE:Auotmation in perl My web application has few text fields and 2 buttons "Save Changes" and "Discard Changes".I have written code to enter values to the text fields fetching from input file and click the button "Save Changes".As soon as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyo123.jyothi
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and save result on a different file

Hi, If I type: ls -l *txt | awk '{print $8}' I get the file listing if I am in the directory. If I try to do the same from a job flow, doing also other things, I can't do ls -l directory/*txt | awk '{print $8}' > directory/result.txt or echo ls -l directory/*txt | awk '{print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: essemario
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot get to read from file and save to file

how can i get this script to read users input from file and save the users input if it is not in the file? #!/bin/sh echo -n "filename:" read filename for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo -n "Enter filename:" read lineoftext echo "$lineoftext" >> $filename done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the variable with awk

final.txt file contains SY10020021 SY10023077 3199 4 803.815 11884 4 1825.22 2.2707 say set FIRSTLINE = SY10020021 set SECONDLINE=SY10023077 cat final.txt | awk '{if($1==${FIRSTLINE} & $2==${SECONDLINE}){print $9}else{print "ll"}}'..............this should give me value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save awk record field in bourne shell variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script that maintains the health of the passwd file. The goal is to check for duplicate usernames, UID's etc. I am able to find and sort out the UID and login names via awk (which I would like to use), but I can't figure out how to save the record field into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file name from a text file and save it in a variable

i have a text file consists of different file names like: line 1: lib/libIMb.so message broker file line 2: lil/imbdfg.lil message broker file i need to extract libIMb.so and imbdfg.lil files from those lines and save them in a variable. so that i can search for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to save a data of a file into a variable?

My requirement is to read a column data from a file & save it in a variable for each row & process it. I am using the below code- Leadlines="$TGTFILE/Error.txt">>$log_file while read line do id = ` echo $line | cut -d "," -f1 ` email = ` echo $line | cut -d "," -f2 ` ----------- done My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To count total of specific character in a file and save its value to a variable

Hi all, I have a file that contains characters. How do I get total of spesific character from that file and save the count to a variable for doing for calculation. data.txt 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 5 4 3 4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and save every word in a variable to use

Hello there so i have a txt file containing word like "one two three four plus four five six". I want to save every word in the file into a variable, and then use that variable to generate real numbers and apply the arithmetic value on them. example: the txt files becomes 123 + 456 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azaiiez
10 Replies
PX_PUT_RECORDN(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PX_PUT_RECORDN(3)

NAME
PX_put_recordn -- Stores record in Paradox file at certain position SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> int PX_put_recordn(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, char *data, int recpos) DESCRIPTION
Stores a record in the buffer data into a Paradox file at the given position recpos. The first position has number 0. The function will determine the data block for this record. If the position is after the last data block, then as many as needed empty data blocks will be added. If the position is in the middle of a data block and there is no record right before the position, then the position will be recal- culated to make sure the new record will be stored in the first free slot of the datablock. For example, if a datablock contains H records and the first call of PX_put_recordn wants to store a record at postion 11, then this will be corrected to position H. PX_put_recordn will also add an empty data block and store the record as the first record of the second data block. Storing a second record at position 11 again, will be executed without any position change. data must be constructed with PX_put_data_xxx(3) functions before. It is of the same structure as the record returned by PX_get_record(3) and PX_get_record2(3). RETURN VALUE
Returns the record position on success and -1 on failure. The first position has number 0. SEE ALSO
PX_get_record(3), PX_get_record2(3), PX_put_record(3), PX_put_data_byte(3), PX_put_data_short(3), PX_put_data_long(3), PX_put_data_dou- ble(3), PX_put_data_alpha(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_PUT_RECORDN(3)