Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux Post 302099106 by lyonsd on Friday 8th of December 2006 02:36:21 PM
Old 12-08-2006
C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux

Just that the Subject says.

I am looking for a C compiler for Linux x86 that will allow me to compile a C source code file and the resulting binary will be able to run on a Sparc running Solaris.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CC 5.5 compiler flag to issue 64bit porting warnings on sparc-solaris

Hi, We are porting our application from 32bit to 64bit. We tried -xarch=v9, -xarc=v9a and -xport64=full options so that compiler to issue 64bit porting warnings. But we are not getting any porting warninings WE are using CC 5.5 compiler on sparc-solaris m/c. Please tell us some powerful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhah
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

3. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

4. AIX

Which debugger can i use to debug XL CC compiler build

Hi , I want to know which debugger can I use to debug application built using Xl CC compiler .I know dbx,gdb debuggers just want to find out whether I can use for debugging XL CC compiler generated build. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

5. Linux

nmap binaries for linux

Hi , I am exploring the nmap utility for Linux. I know that, nmap binaries are specific to the platforms e.g. nmap binaries will be diferent for Windows , AIX , Solaris and Linux platforms. Can anyone tell me , will the nmap binaries be different for different flavours of Linux such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatin56
1 Replies

6. Web Development

not able to build mod_auth_mysql.c on solaris10 sparc with apache 1.3.34 and mysql 5.1.50

Hello , I have s Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 OS. I installed Apache 1.3.34 and MYSQL 5.1.50. while executing the following command to compile the mod_auth_mysql.c module sudo ./apxs -c -L/d00/tbls/mysql/lib -I/d00/tbls/mysql/include -lmysqlclient -lm -lz mod_auth_mysql.c. result of it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnighojkar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies
binfmtcxx(1)							     binfmt_C							      binfmtcxx(1)

NAME
binfmtcxx-interpreter - binfmt_misc C++ handler SYNOPSIS
binfmtcxx-interpreter C++-source-file-name [command-line opions ...] DESCRIPTION
binfmtcxx-interpreter compiles a C++ source file specified on the command-line using C++ compiler, and executes the resulting file. It is designed to be used as a handler for binfmt_misc handler, which is a system used in Linux for handling arbitrary files as executa- bles. The command-line options are passed on to the compiled binary. FILE MAGIC
There is a requirement for C++ source files to have the magic characters /*BINFMTCXX: at the beginning of the file. That line also is used to specify the additional command-line options for C++ compiler. ENVIRONMENT
GXX The compiler used. The default is to use g++ CXX The compiler used, if GXX variable is not set. Will fall back to using GCC and CC BINFMTCTMPDIR Temporary directory used for binary and execution. Falls back to $TMPDIR $TEMPDIR or /tmp BINFMTC_DEBUG enables debug output if set. BINFMTCXX_GXX_OPTS Additional G++ options. Use BINFMTC_DEBUG to verify the options being passed on to g++. The default is -O0 -Wall -g AUTHOR
Junichi Uekawa (dancer@debian.org) Upstream page is available at http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/ SEE ALSO
binfmtasm-interpreter(1), binfmtc-interpreter(1), binfmtcxx-interpreter(1), binfmtf-interpreter(1), binfmtf95-interpreter(1), binfmtgcj- interpreter(1) binfmt_misc Dancer 2009 Feb 8 binfmtcxx(1)