Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mother Board Drivers ...........?? Post 302098940 by Corona688 on Thursday 7th of December 2006 12:13:46 PM
Old 12-07-2006
Drivers work differently in linux. Except for very rare cases, like the closed-source nvidia video drivers, all drivers come with the kernel; and even for those that don't, fedoracore handles that with it's own package manager. No need to download random drivers from untrusted sites.

So no, you shouldn't need to download motherboard drivers.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To call many scripts from mother one simultaneously

Hi, I need to rin few other scripts from one main (mather) script. Working in ksh on LINUX. The only one condition - it should be run in parallel. I mean I have to be able to call 20 scripts from this mother script in parallel (start them in the same time). Does somebody know how to do it? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliyp
2 Replies
_STACKMANAGER(8)						Executable programs						  _STACKMANAGER(8)

NAME
ipsec__stackmanager - internal script to bring up kernel components for Libreswan SYNOPSIS
ipsec _stackmanager start ipsec _stackmanager stop DESCRIPTION
ipsec _stackmanager is called from within the init sub-system (systemd, upstart, sysv initscripts) to bring up the Libreswan kernel component as configured via the protostack= option in the ipsec.confi configuration file. This involves loading and optionally unloading of the required kernel modules. Because the Linux kernel cannot autodetect most crypto related drivers on-demand, _stackmanager handles loading the hardware random number (RNG) device drivers, OpenBSD/FreeBSD Cryptographic Framework (OCF) drivers, CryptoAPI drivers, and the modules for the specific stack (Linux NETKEY/XFM or KLIPS/MAST). Probing for OCF supported hardware is not supported - those modules must be loaded by the system before the start of the Libreswan sub system. SEE ALSO
ip(8), ipsec_tncfg(8), ipsec.conf(5), ipsec_addconn(8), pluto(8) HISTORY
This script was introduced in Libreswan. On the older Openswan systems, this functionality was split over various script files such as ipsec _startnetkey, ipsec _startklips, ipsec _realsetup and ipsec setup. Man page written for the Libreswan project <http://www.libreswan.org/> by Paul Wouters. AUTHOR
Paul Wouters placeholder to suppress warning libreswan 12/16/2012 _STACKMANAGER(8)