Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print a Graphics File using a SCO Unix Command Post 302098781 by Steve_93630 on Wednesday 6th of December 2006 05:48:58 PM
Old 12-06-2006
Print a Graphics File using a SCO Unix Command

I'm using SCO_SV release 3.2v5.0.7 and would like to know how to print a Graphics file (a .tif file) to a HPLaserJet printer using a SCO unix command.
I've used nothing but the 'lp' command to print reports to different printers.

(I found an answer, I did a find for tiff* and came up with the tiff2ps command)

Last edited by Steve_93630; 12-07-2006 at 04:05 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3d graphics apps for unix/solaris

Hi, I noticed that SUN is selling the Blade 100 workstation for < 1000. I am considering buying one with a high end graphics card for 3D animation/graphics (and also some java development). I am wondering if any relatively inexpensive graphics applications exist for Unix/Solaris machines. Anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eqpfunk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphics microsoft windows on Unix

Does anyone know that exist a program on unix to use microsoft windows on remote pc ? I need a program that makes the opposite of Execed. I have a Sun workstation and I want to control a pc to use windows program. Thanks a lot for the answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amino
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SCO Unix to print on windows base XP printer

Hi, I have done this year ago, and now I need to do it again, but did not remember how I do it. I have a slip printer on a windows xp workstation and i need to print from SCO unix application to that printer. I try to create a remote printer but the only option available is unix, the other to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comsiconsa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need UNIX command to print to Dell printer

i need a UNIX command to print to a Dell printer. i was successful printing to a HP printer using qprt -Pprinter, but it doesn't work for Dell printer. any suggestions??? much appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bones91
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix find command to print directory and search string

Hi i need to print pathname in which the string present using 'find' command sample output like this Pathname String to be searched ---------- -------------------- /usr/test/myfile get /opt/test/somefile get Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princein
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

7. SCO

sudo file in sco unix

Please could some one help me with sudo euivalent file in sco unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to print previous year in UNIX

hi all, I use date +%Y which gives Current year. Requirement: I want previous year to be printed. Please help me. Note: I tried date +%d/%m/%Y -d "-1 years" which is not working. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasim999
10 Replies
enable(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)