Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Looking up hosts under a domain Post 302098677 by milhan on Tuesday 5th of December 2006 10:48:19 PM
Old 12-05-2006
Question Looking up hosts under a domain

hello folks,

I am looking for a command on Unix/Linux that will query the hosts connected to a domain..

For Ex: I would like to know what hosts are attached to domain brown.edu . Assume there are:

cs.brown.edu, cob.brown.edu, math.brown.edu, mail.brown.edu, web.brown.edu and so on. So when I query brown.edu it should return all these specific computers that are hooked up to the domain brown.edu.

I tried the linux commands host and nslookup but they didn't return me the hosts attached to a domain, but instead they return the IP address of specific host if that host exists.

regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts

hello dear all , i use both sun solaries 7 and linux red hat 6.1 and i added my pc IP address in /etc/hosts . How do i refresh this file in order to make my new ip active ?? without restart . Thanks all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

etc/hosts

I was wondering where in UNIX is file where I can delete hosts that can or ca not access UNIX machine thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amon
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

etc/hosts or something else??

I was wondering where in UNIX is file where I can delete hosts that can or ca not access UNIX machine thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts

Hello, where can I get complete specification for /etc/hosts? I found a lot of snippets but nothing where the format of file is completely written (I'm especially interested in comments in /etc/hosts) Thank you for help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts

Ive change /etc/hosts many times but it reverts to the previous setting automatically. Ive restarted the server after the edit. Any ideas what im doing wrong Previous /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost # Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizecho
3 Replies

9. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
vga_setegacolor(3)						Svgalib User Manual						vga_setegacolor(3)

NAME
vga_setegacolor - set the current color SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setegacolor(int color); DESCRIPTION
Set the current color to be a color resembling the color-th EGA coler. This works regardless of the depth of the current video mode. The color is used by vga_drawpixel(3) and vga_drawline(3). Valid values for color are: 0 - black. 1 - blue. 2 - green. 3 - cyan. 4 - red. 5 - magenta. 6 - brown. 7 - grey. 8 - dark grey (light black). 9 - light blue. 10 - light green. 11 - light cyan. 12 - light red. 13 - light magenta. 14 - yellow (light brown). 15 - white (light grey). The fun(6) and vgatest(6) demos show the basic use of this function. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), fun(6), vgatest(6), vga_setcolor(3), vga_setrgbcolor(3), vga_drawpixel(3), vga_drawline(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setegacolor(3)