Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How much snow do you have where you are? Post 302098638 by stansaraczewski on Tuesday 5th of December 2006 02:59:00 PM
Old 12-05-2006
That is my situation; 25 miles west of Palm Springs yet we are at 2,500 feet elevation and will get several snowfalls starting as soon as Thanksgiving and as late as Easter. Not much, ranging between one to two inches and gone within the afternoon... but still snow ! I've been in the area since '74 and every four years on average would get a one to two footer.

There is a LOT of misconception about California.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Hello everyone. I was previously using MacPorts 1.8 on Mac OS 10.5.8 without any problems and everything was working well. I recently upgraded to Xcode 3.2 and Mac OS 10.6, since then my MacPorts installation has not been working at all. I deleted it and then reinstalled the .dmg from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HoldenCaulfield
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Installing Oracle 10g on Snow Leopard using this tutorial

This tutorial. Which is a lovely tutorial, really, and was working up until this instruction: Now download db.zip installation archive and place it somewhere and unzip it: mkdir Install cd Install # download db.zip to this directory unzip db.zip cd db/Disk1 I didn't know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khayraB
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Problem with mail attachment in Snow Leopard

Hi, We have few scripts that are run through jobs . It sends us daily reports (using mailx). This was working fine in Leopard. But in Snow Leopard there is problem with the attachments.Neither the attachment name is being displayed correctly(all it displays is "Mail Attachment") nor the format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adash
1 Replies
UVISOR(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UVISOR(4)

NAME
uvisor -- USB support for the PalmOS based PDAs SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uvisor device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uvisor_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uvisor driver provides support for USB based PalmOS PDAs, like Handspring Visor, Palm Mxxx series, and Sony Clie. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). The device has several ports for different purposes, each of them gets its own ucom(4) device. The attach message describes the purpose of each port. The usual Pilot tools can be used to access the attached device on the HotSync port. HARDWARE
The uvisor driver supports the following devices: o Aceeca Mez1000 RDA o Handspring Treo o Handspring Treo 600 o Handspring Visor o Palm I705 o Palm M125 o Palm M130 o Palm M500 o Palm M505 o Palm M515 o Palm Tungsten T o Palm Tungsten Z o Palm Zire o Palm Zire 31 o Sony Clie 4.0 o Sony Clie 4.1 o Sony Clie 5.0 o Sony Clie PEG-S500C o Sony Clie NX60 o Sony Clie S360 o Sony Clie TJ37 SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uvisor driver was adopted from NetBSD 1.5 in August 2002. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> at that time. BUGS
The code to provide multiple ucom(4) instances has not yet been ported from NetBSD. It is unclear whether this driver works in its current state. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD