Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change a Unix IP address
Special Forums IP Networking Change a Unix IP address Post 302098632 by randy1 on Tuesday 5th of December 2006 02:25:21 PM
Old 12-05-2006
You are correct. I have changed that file, but I still cannot ping it from other computers on the newtork. So I think I need to chage some more settings somewhere?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

change my current IP address

Dear All , I have Sun Solaris 8 machine . during installation i gave the machine ip address 192.168.0.50 and gatway 192.168.0.1 . now i hvae to change the IP address and the gateway ! how ?? i know i have to use ifconfig , but how can i change it and the gateway ??? also where from i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to change IP address

Can anyone tell me how to change the IP address on a unix server, as I have no idea whatsoever. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itservices
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to change the email from address?

Hi Friends, I am facing one issue with my hpux server. I used to send mail from the hpux server directly to the customer id. By default the from address includes the complete hostname(eg:- user1@hostname.domain.com). My domain name is registered, but this individual hostname is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

5. AIX

System email address change?

With a recent move to a new data center, the domain for our system emails have changed. We used automated emails with our daily process for informational and report sending. I edited the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file where it had an entry pointing to the old mail server so I change this to our new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

6. Programming

[C] Change IP and MAC address

Hello, I need to write a program using C language which allow me to change the IP and MAC addresses of a given interface... Now I fork the process and by exec I'm using the "ifconfig interf X.X.X.X" command... but i can't use this solution because i have to avoid the context switch... Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilby985
4 Replies

7. Debian

How to change local IP address?

I have a new Ethernet device that has a default IP address on a different subnet and need to change it. I have a Debian 6.0 host connected to the device with a crossover cable and have changed the host /etc/hosts and /etc/networks files to the same subnet as the new device and rebooted. Ping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Change email address

How can I change email address registered with my unix.com account (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i change the ip address in RHEL 6?

I need to change the ip address in RHEL 6 . Please tell me the files to be edited....complete procedure.......... Don't tell the graphical method ........ Explain everything in CLI ........... Thanks in Advance:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cannot change mac address

ubuntu / xubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (this issue should exist in debian as well) I use wifi to connect to internet. I would like to change the wifi card mac address before connecting. Let's call the original mac address, macA, and the new mac address, macB. I do the following: ifconfig wlan0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
2 Replies
ost::IPV6Host(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  ost::IPV6Host(3)

NAME
ost::IPV6Host - This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. SYNOPSIS
#include <address.h> Inherits ost::IPV6Address. Public Member Functions IPV6Host (const char *host=NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. IPV6Host (struct in6_addr addr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. IPV6Host & operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. Friends class __EXPORT IPV6Mask __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com Address of a specific Internet host machine. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (const char *host = NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. The internet host can be specified in a null terminated ASCII string and include either the physical host address or the DNS name of a host machine. Hence, an IPV6Host ('www.voxilla.org') can be directly declaired in this manner. Defaults to the IP address that represents the interface matching 'gethostname()'. Parameters: host dns or physical address of an Internet host. ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (struct in6_addraddr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. Parameters: addr binary address of internet host. Member Function Documentation IPV6Host& ost::IPV6Host::operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. This is commonly used to coerce an address by subnet. Friends And Related Function Documentation friend class __EXPORT IPV6Mask [friend] __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) [friend] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::IPV6Host(3)