Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remote printing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Remote printing Post 302098515 by kapilraj on Monday 4th of December 2006 05:04:42 PM
Old 12-04-2006
I am not sure if I got your request clear. If it is 'How to print from a remote server on to a printer on your local server' , then the answer is , Yes , setup printer on your local server and configure the same as a remote printer on the remote system. So you can issue an 'lp' command from the remote system to get it printed.

Regards,

Kaps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Remote Printing

I am setting up a unix remote print server for approximately 500 printers. We send about 1,000 print jobs per day over the WAN. I am looking for hardware specs. I know I can overkill, but would rather get a sensible machine. Any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donna
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Printing

I am using Sco Openserver 5.0.6 and I have an Okidata 16n printer on a GETNET print server. I am able to print to the printer. However I am having display issues. Normally when I setup a local printer I am able to tell it what model to use. Ex.(HPLaserJet). When I setup the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote printing

I'm trying to print from my Solaris server to a Windows Print Server The Print Server will then pass the print job to a PC connected via dial-up and print it locally. EG: Solaris ----- | | | | ------ /88888/ ------- \ / ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warrickj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Remote Dial-up Modem Printing With Out Cpu On The Remote Side!

I am looking for a dial-up remote printing solution as under : 1. We have a Centralized location where Sun Solaris (A) is installed. From here printing command will be despatched. 2. This printing command will be routed to WAN cloud to Main Branches (B1,B2,B3)and from there, printer at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayvee
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Remote Printing to HP 1000

Our system is an HP RP5470 11.11. We have had remote printing working for over 6 years. We use NetManage ViewNow software on our Windows client as the LPD. We had no problems with remote printing for any HP printer except for the HP LAserJet 1000. Nothing prints. I sent all the files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stabia
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO5.0/Facetwin Remote Printing

I've been experiencing problems with remote printers not printing unexpectedly (two in the past three weeks). The first time I switched the computer to redirect the print job. This took care of the problem, however, now I have a different printer which quit working for no apparent reason. This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chtriller
0 Replies

7. SCO

Remote Printing - 5.07 - MP5

I have just lost all of my printers and I forget how to create a remote printer in SCO 5.07. I do know that there is an issue with CUPS in that I have to "turn it off" (which I also forget how to do) so that this enables the "Remote Printer" setup option in Printer Administration. I thought... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atpbrownie
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Remote printing from Linux to AIX

Hello, I also posted this on the AIX forum in hopes of getting help. I am trying to setup remote printing from a Linux machine (Red Hat 5.3) to an AIX machine (AIX 5.3). Remote printing for "normal" print jobs is working out OK, but I'm having trouble with some AIX printers that have a user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaker
0 Replies

9. SCO

Remote printing configuring

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name an ip-adress. This is the configuration file : root@sco1 # cat configuration Banner: on:Always Content types: simple Device: /dev/null Interface:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
4 Replies

10. SCO

Unix remote printing

Sir, i have a sco 5.5 installed server and 6 clients connected through pci specialix card and printing working fine in these all terminals. 7 and 8 ports are free now, i need to setup another terminal for login on through 7 or 8 port for remote login. i connect a external modem using 25 pin male... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aneesh Kumar.T
2 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)