Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question about compiling (noob) Post 302098380 by arya6000 on Sunday 3rd of December 2006 10:18:17 PM
Old 12-03-2006
Question about compiling (noob)

I'm just getting started to lean C and I'm using Ubuntu today I found a tutorial at this site: http://einstein.drexel.edu/courses/C..._tutorial.html and I got an error after compiling the fist code:

Code:
#include < stdio.h>

void main()
{
    printf("\nHello World\n");
}

I try to compile it with: "cc hello.c" and got this error:

Code:
arya@arya-computer:~/Desktop$ cc hello.c
hello.c:1:20: error:  stdio.h: No such file or directory
hello.c: In function ‘main':
hello.c:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf'
hello.c:4: warning: return type of ‘main' is not ‘int'

Why isn't this working is it because I'm using Ubuntu instead of FreeBSD?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob sorting question

Ok here is the deal, I have a command given to me by some systems guy who I cannot get ahold of on the weekend without paying him alot of money to help me. I need to get this done before Monday as I am just getting pummeled by DOS attacks. The comand given was.... netstat -ntu | awk '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hexabah
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob question on comparing #'s.

I have a file with 3 digit numbers in it formatted as such: 123 065 321 How would I go about seeing if each number is less than 100 and if so outputting it to another file Yes, I am a bit of a noob. I have tried with grep but I don't think it'll work. Any general direction would be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkm76
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

noob question about redirecting stderr

I dont know what I am doing wrong but I would like to redirect the stderr output to a file? the specific command is this time wget http://www.something.com/somefile.bin All I want to see is time's output which is stderr so I can see how long the file download took. I've tried redirecting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
2 Replies

4. BSD

Complete noob question: Software installation

I'm a Linux guy who is tring out BSD for the first time... What is the BSD program to automatically fetch and and install software? Is it pkg_add? Will pkg_add automatically fetch and and install software? Does it work on all BSD variants? This is all I could find, but I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Simple Noob Question

I am editing the squid.confi on my server. I am done editing. How do I exit the confi file? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethartha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob question about parsing a website

I'm trying to parse the website, finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ge&ql=1, and retrieve the info between <span id="yfs_l84_ge">18.98</span>, so 18.98. What would be the best way to go about this in a bash script? Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayson
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl array filling *NOOB question*

First time poster here and I'm pretty much a total noob with UNIX and Perl. So please bear with me. With Perl, I'm trying to fill an array with data that is in a CSV file. I would like to fill the array with only one of the columns in the CSV file. I have a file called data.csv: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Question about a VIM script from a absolute noob

What is this script meant to do? How do I make it executable and how do i run it? I am trying to understand what the script is doing and how it is doing it... need a little advice. Here is is.. if then list=`w | grep $user | cut -c19-30` if then echo "The user $user is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanableLector
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop -- noob question

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i am trying to figure why is this not working with else statement. I am searching for every directory in that DIR i am in, however the "else" seems to be triggered whenever the run the script.. Much thanks in advance! #!/bin/shell for item in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reb0rn
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)