Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux suse for AMD
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Linux suse for AMD Post 302098310 by hkoolivand on Saturday 2nd of December 2006 12:56:20 AM
Old 12-02-2006
Linux suse for AMD

Hi everybody

I have a SLES 8 on my own desktop and now I want to install oracle on it so I should install service pack3 on it, but when I setup it my linux Os can't start up and it say "Kernel panic". My desktop's components is

1-CPU:AMD Athlon 3200+ 64bit
2-Mainboard :Asus A8N SLES delux
3-1GB ram

I think its SP3 has problem with my mainboard or my CPU. Is there any SP for AMD systems.

Thanks

P.S: My OS is SLES8.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, Ram: 3.6 GB, Foxconn 7da-s and Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64

CPU/Speed: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor Ram: 3.6 GB Motherboard: Foxconn 7da-s Bus: Cache: Controller: Disk: Load: Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 Kernel ELF?: pgms: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migracho
0 Replies

3. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)				      General Commands Manual					  DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)

NAME
desktop-file-validate - Validate desktop entry files SYNOPSIS
desktop-file-validate [--no-warn-deprecated] [--warn-kde] FILE... DESCRIPTION
The desktop-file-validate program is a tool to validate desktop entry files according to the Desktop Entry specification 1.0. The specification describes a file format to provide information such as name, icon and description for an application. Such a file can then be used as an application launcher and to display the application in the applications menu. For information about the Desktop Entry specification, see http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktop-entry-spec. The desktop entry files are commonly called desktop files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --no-warn-deprecated Do not warn about usage of deprecated items that were defined in previous versions of the specification. --warn-kde Warn about usage of KDE extensions to the specification. This includes the use of the KDE Desktop Entry group, of the ServiceTypes, DocPath, Keywords, InitialPreference, Dev, FSType, MountPoint, ReadOnly, UnmountIcon keys, or of the Service, ServiceType and FSDe- vice types. BUGS
If you find bugs in the desktop-file-validate program, please report these on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. SEE ALSO
desktop-file-edit(1) desktop-file-install(1) FREEDESKTOP.ORG DESKTOP-FILE-VALIDATE(1)