Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director Post 302098001 by raja_1234 on Thursday 30th of November 2006 05:29:32 AM
Old 11-30-2006
FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi,

My local server is :/usr/abcd/
Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/

I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to
remote host unix directory.

Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this.

One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file permissions of local directory file before transporting it to remotehost directory.

Thanks in Advance,
Raja

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP from Unix to Active Directory Server

Automated Unix to Windows Active Directory FTP I have done many automated FTP scripts using the following logic: =============================== echo "Starting the FTP transfer..." { echo " open 192.168.1.100 user username password ascii put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to FTP a file from sql report to unix server

Hi All, I have a Sqlplus report which will create a file. I need a FTP Script that will be executed inside the Sqlplus Report to FTP the report output file to unix server. Thanks, Previn (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprevin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to MOVE via FTP a directory

Good afternoon! I need to move a bunch of files from an FTP site to my server. However mget *, dele * will not suffice as I cannot guarantee that new files are not uploaded between commands. Roughly, this is what I would like to do: (using a .netrc) ftp somehost bin prompt cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abirdd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer file from Local PC to UNIX Directory without FTP?

Dear All, i am trying to get the file from windows location to unix location without using FTP and neither thru entering the user id and password. I have one unix form which is running on web application and user is entering the location and file name there now i know the file name and path. So i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update/Download file from FTP server to UNIX Server

HI Guys, I want to download files from FTP Server to my Unix server. I have tried , buy No Luck . Below Command i have tried. 1-Wget - Error "wget' not found" 2.ftp -n $HOST ...Not Working. 3.scp -i ftp://user:passowrd@hostname:21/ran/on/test.txt Any Suggestion (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies
MKDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MKDIC(1)

NAME
mkdic - Tool for creating a user dictionary SYNOPSIS
mkdic [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server] [-s] [- | -l local-file] remote-dic DESCRIPTION
mkdic creates user dictionary named remote-dic in the user dictionary directory of the remote host, on which cannaserver(1M) is in opera- tion. Dictionary file name remote-dic is assigned to this file at this time. If the - and -l option isn't specified, mkdic creates an empty dictionary. If the - option is specified, the standard input will be used as the dictionary file. If the -l option is specified, local-file will be used as the dictionary file. If the user dictionary directory does not exist, it will be created. Dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- is rewritten automatically after the registering. The registered dictionary can thus be used by writing the dictionary name into the customize file. OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the server machine that contains the dictionary to be created. -s Indicates that the dictionary to be created is an adjunct dictionary. If this option is omitted, the dictionary will be cre- ated as an independent-word one. -l local-file Registers the input data from local-file. - The standard input will be used as the dictionary file. EXAMPLES(1) If you want to creat an empty dictionary file: % mkdic test(2) If you want to register the input data from the standard input: % mkdic test - Registers the input data from the standard input, in the user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- : user1.t(.mwd) -test-(3) If the dictionary file is specified: % mkdic test -l test1.t Registers independent-word dictionary file ``test1.t'' in the remote host's user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dics.dir: user1.t(.mvd) -test- user1.t is a dictionary file name generated automatically by the system. SEE ALSO
catdic(1), cannaserver(1M), lsdic(1) MKDIC(1)