Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log all connecting users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Log all connecting users Post 302097943 by jack1981 on Wednesday 29th of November 2006 03:54:39 PM
Old 11-29-2006
Not sure if this bash script is of any use to you but it will print all users and processes.

Code:
finger |
awk '{ if (NR > 1) print "echo " $2, $3}
{if (NR > 1) print "ps -U ",$1} ' > myfile
sh myfile
rm myfile

output similar to below

Code:
Jack Jones

PID TTY          TIME CMD
22339 ?        00:00:01 sshd
22340 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
30515 pts/1    00:00:00 sh
30521 pts/1    00:00:00 sh
30522 pts/1    00:00:00 ps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Log off idle users

How to set a timer for log out users that have been idle for a long time? It is a AIX 5L (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

log users real time

hi.... how i can configurator a log file on real time....on unix solaris.... thanks a lot.... Best Regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to log what users are doing??

Guys i am new in forum and come to ask some help in this. What i want is to log what users are doing. Someone told me to make a script and get the history commands of all users and storage this in a DB. but the problem in this is, i want to log all things. Why this? why my 2 machines is only a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amgrim
4 Replies

5. Solaris

RCP users log?

Hello, I'm scurying a server and I'm trying to control what users are using rcp to copy files right now. I've tried to find in last, but it doesn't log there, searched in Sun documentation, so I cannot anywhere telling were rcp stores a log with the users logins. Do you know if is there one and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nefeli
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need A Script To List All Failed Log In Users

I need to list all the failed log in users as part of audit report. How can I do so in Linux to find all the audit log records and then upload to a table for future reference. I am using oracle 10g on Linux. Hope I will get a quick response from the experts. Thanks in advance for the tips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraQ
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a users log in time?

how do i start with this guys? Sample run: $ LOGTIME it2015678 <enter> User it2015678 is CRUZ Tommy H And has logged on to the system for: 8 hours 12 minutes from the time this script was run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skypigeon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log to find users who accessed server before

Hi, please provide the steps/commands to find out the user id list who accessed server before i logon same server. Thank you very much ffor all your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specified log in time for users

I have this task : Check the logintime.txt every minute to only allow user to log in at the specified time. logintime.txt has the following content: USER TIME_START TIME_STOP Example: john 17:00 18:00 My idea is locking the user at the TIME_STOP and unlocking at the TIME_START while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muffle
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Users Access - AD Authentication - User can't log in?

I have a user who's having troubles logging into one of my servers, that is authenticating with AD. After glancing over /etc/passwd, I found the users account is different than mine and others who aren't having any issues. What's the difference between these two accounts? What's the "1 60 14 60" ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
1 Replies
rhosts(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 rhosts(4)

NAME
rhosts, .rhosts - Specifies remote users that can use a local user account SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.rhosts DESCRIPTION
The .rhosts file contains a list of remote users who are not required to supply a login password when they execute the rcp, rlogin, and rsh commands using a local user account. The .rhosts file is a hidden file in your home directory. It must be owned by you or the root user and it must not be writable by group or world, otherwise, it is not used. Moreover, although it is not required, it is sensible to set the permissions of the file to 600, so the file is not readable by group or world. Each entry in the file is of the following form: host [user] where: The name of the remote host. If the remote host is in a different domain than the local host, the full domain name must be speci- fied. The login name of the remote user. This field is optional. If this field is not specified, any user on the specified remote host is exempt from providing a password, and is assumed to have the same username on both the local and remote hosts. Optionally, an NIS netgroup name can be specified for the host name, user name, or both. Entries in the .rhosts file are either positive or negative. Positive entries allow access; negative entries deny access. The following entries are positive: hostname username +@netgroup In addition, the plus sign (+) can be used in place of the hostname or username. In place of the hostname, it means any remote host. In place of the username, it means any user. The following entries are negative: -hostname -username -@netgroup EXAMPLES
The following sample entries in the /u/chen/.rhosts file on host zeus allow users moshe and pierre at remote host venus and user robert at the hosts specified in the NIS netgroup chicago to log in to user chen's home directory on host zeus: venus moshe venus pierre +@chicago robert FILES
Specifies remote users who can use a local user account. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: rcp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1). Functions: ruserok(3). Files: hosts.equiv(4), netgroup(4). Functions: rcmd(3). delim off rhosts(4)