Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cutting unwanted text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cutting unwanted text Post 302097861 by sysgate on Wednesday 29th of November 2006 04:43:59 AM
Old 11-29-2006
thank you man, it works perfectly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting text from one location to another

The following text appears multiple times in a script and it resides in many scripts. I would like to make the following changes to the text: Text: /usr/local/bin/gmail -t abc@yahoo.com -m "this is a test" -f xyz@yahoo.com I need to cut the text that comes after -m which is "this is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminate unwanted data

Hi, I am stuck on writing a script that reads a file, retains wanted data but discards unwanted data from a CSV file. This is a sample of my table {not the actual data) ID Color tel_num Name color2 color3 abcdef green 5551212 jj88 red blue acbdfe yellow... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: t524ube
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut first line only from a text near a specific column without cutting a word

First I have to say thank you to this community and this forum. You helped me very much builing several useful scripts. Now, I can't get a solution the following problem, I'm stuck somehow. Maybe someone has an idea. In short, I dump a site via lynx and pipe the output in a file. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep out unwanted lines

Hi, I got a log file and I want to grep out a list of unwanted line which are IP's. Basiclly I want everything ecxept the ip's from my list. If I do a while read line do grep -v $ip_from_my_list logfile done <ip_list it just grep's one IP at a time and repeats. :( Thanks for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP header text/csv unwanted line feed character

We have successfully created a comma delimited file, the results are correct from an sql database query. When using the following headers to print the file using print $data, an extra line feed is added and a blank row appears on the top of the data in Excel: header("Expires: 0"); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifimbres
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting out text from specific portion on filename

Hi, how do I go about cutting out the first numeric characters after the word "access"? access1005101228.merged-00.15.17.86.d8.b8.log.gz (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unwanted text using perl

Hello..I have a text file that need to remove unwanted text. This is the original file. No. Time Source Destination Protocol Info 16 0.649949 10.1.1.101 209.225.11.237 HTTP POST /scripts/cms/xcms.asp HTTP/1.1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taxi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting long text by special char around 100 byte and newline

Regard, How can i cut the text by special char(|) around 100 byte and write the other of the text at newline using Perl. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting unwanted text from a table

Hi everyone, I have a microbial diversity table in the format ;k__kingdom; p__phylum, etc, somer rows have descriptions before the :k__ (like the af028349.1 below) is there a way I can get rid of this text (which is different every time) and keep all the other columns? Thanks a bunch! ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juan Gonzalez
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change name of the file with first line of the file which has some unwanted text in it?

I have a log file, which i have divided into 14 files using csplit, the file looks like below test-000000 test-000001 #and so on until 14 now I want all the 14 files generated to be renamed as the some part of test in first line of the file how can i eliminate the unwanted text? sample... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
5 Replies
IZ(8)							  System Administration Utilities						     IZ(8)

NAME
iz - configure an IEEE 802.15.4 interface SYNOPSIS
iz [options] [command] DESCRIPTION
Manage IEEE 802.15.4 network interfaces OPTIONS
-d, --debug[=N] print netlink messages and other debug information -v, --version print version -h, --help print help Common commands: help [command] Print detailed help for a command. event [iface] Monitor events from the kernel (^C to stop). PHY 802.15.4 commands: listphy [phy] List phys(s). add phy [iface] Add an interface attached to specified phy. del [phy] iface Delete the specified interface. MAC 802.15.4 commands: scan <iface> <ed|active|passive|orphan> <channels> <duration> Perform network scanning on specified channels. assoc <iface> <pan> <coord> <chan> ['short'] Associate with a given network via coordinator. disassoc <iface> <addr> <reason> Disassociate from a network. list [iface] List interface(s). AUTHOR
Written by Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov, Sergey Lapin and Maxim Osipov REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to linux-zigbee-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Userspace tools for Linux IEEE 802.15.4 stack homepage <http://linux-zigbee.sourceforge.net/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008, 2009 by Siemens AG License GPLv2 GNU GPL version 2 <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. iz 0.2.2 August 2010 IZ(8)