Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Typical way to disable a dameon Post 302097812 by reborg on Tuesday 28th of November 2006 07:25:28 PM
Old 11-28-2006

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

typical mail script

hi i have a requirement to write a mail script which needs to be automated.There are 7 CSV files generated for 7 clients in a single day.Each file will contain one header and the name of the file follows a nomenclature like ABC_20080402_ClientID.csv.ClientID is lets say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning and typical use of -3 signal in kill

Hi, What is the use of the signal -3 in kill command in unix? I read the meaning and typical use of this signal in one of the Oreilly books as below. Quit -- stop running (and dump core). Sent when you type CTRL-\. what does the CTRL-\ command do? Is it the combination of CTRL and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A typical array script

Hi All, I need to store the output of "find ." to an array one by one. Output of find . in my case will look like :- . ./one ./one/a ./one/b ./one/c ./two So my first array element should be "/one" and second one "/one/a" (need to remove "." from the output as well). Then I need to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Guidance needed for a typical shell script with sql query

Hi , I have a txt file with contents like: 1234 2345 3456 7891 I need to write a script which takes input file as txt file..run a sql query for that number and place the output of query in another file.. select * from bus_event where acct_nbr='1234'( from input txt file) the query... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
20 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Calculating total space in GB for all files with typical pattern

Hi Experts, In a particular dir, I have many files *AJAY*. How can I get total size of all such files. I tried du -hs *AJAY* but it gave me individual size of all files. All I require is summation of all. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typical problem in UNIX

Input file I have a file with four fields. f1,f2,f3,f4 A,1,10,00,S B,2,20,00,00,D C,3,100,00,00,G I want Output like f1|f2|f3|f4 A|1|10,00|S B|2|20,00,00|D C|3|100,00,00|G please help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat1211
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compile a software for a non-typical platform?

I am quite new to compiling source codes in linux and have been running into a lot of problems in trying to do so since the platform configuration is different from most. For starters, I know that you need to enter the following commands in order to install any software manually in linux:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ice_Drake1
2 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)