Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need hands-on skill.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I need hands-on skill. Post 302097779 by Mark Thomas on Tuesday 28th of November 2006 12:39:01 PM
Old 11-28-2006
Do a search for "free shell access".

[ http://sdf.lonestar.org/ ]
[ http://www.ductape.net/~mitja/freeunix.shtml ]

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Hands on Support

Check this link. Its Sun Solaris Docs link that place all sorts of Materials in it. From Hands on Support materials Etc. Quite intresting. Sun OS Hands on Docs. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

2. AIX

Hands On Learning - AIX

Hi all, I am interested in your opinions of the best way to get hands-on security experience with AIX. I am proficient with most linux flavors on intel, but need to get familiar with AIX. Any ideas on how to get some hands-on without lumping out $4Gs for a used RS/6000? Thanks EW (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewelsh
4 Replies

3. AIX

New to AIX and got my hands on a RS6000 v.need help getting it on the network

So im fairly new to AIX and my knowledge is very, very limited but i got my hands on an RS6000 43P model and im trying to get it on the network so i can access it from work. I have pretty much tried everything i can/know how to do by reading up as much as i can but im still lost. I have the 43P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IIIII
2 Replies

4. Programming

how to practice my c++ skill

Hi all, I'v already read some basic books about c++ such as <c++ primer>,<The C++ standard library> etc.,and as we know,knowledge is easy to forget without practicing,so i wanna know some ways to practice my skill with programming.First,i know some ACM sites,however,solving problems on those sites... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix hands on

Hi, I am new to UNIX system, i have theoritical knowledge but never gotta chance to work on UNIX system. I dont have the environment to practice, is there anything which i can download or any online website to work over and get better in UNIX? Please help me.. Thanks & Regard's Span'rd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaniard
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Recommended skill and training for Linux system administrator

Hi Friends ! I'm sorry if this not right place to ask questions like this. I'm working as a Linux system administrator in one of the Indian hosting company that provides tech support to various UK and US based clients. I have now total 3+ years of web hosting technology experience and good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratik_rao
2 Replies
uri_urn(3tcl)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management					     uri_urn(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(3tcl)