Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming unix C++: get the files from a folder Post 302097757 by nadiamihu on Tuesday 28th of November 2006 10:55:32 AM
Old 11-28-2006
unix C++: get the files from a folder

Hello everybody!
How can I get the list of files from a folder in C++ (unix)?

thanks in advance for any help!

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i move data files from a server to unix folder

Hi: I am very new in UNIX environment. I need big help. How I can move data files from a server to UNIX folder by script. I don't want to use ws-ftp. The script should check the file on server, if any file found, move it to UNIX folder. I will be very happy, if some one helps me out.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shah2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files of another unix server (in a folder)

I think that's what I'm trying to do. This is the problem: I log onto my comp, Comp1. Then, from the terminal, since my web server is on another comp, I type: xrlogin Comp2, so I log on to that computer. I then navigate to my directory by typing: cd /domain/myDir, so I am in my directory, on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix command to cound the number of files in a folder

Hi All Can some one help me out. Please tell the unix command to cound the number of files in a folder. Ungent please# Thanks manas (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX: Command to compress folder and all files into a tar

I am trying to grab a folder and all the folders and files underneath it and send it from one computer to another. I basically want to compress the whole folder into a tar, tgz, or zip file so that it can be sent as one file. is there a command to compress a folder and all its contents into a tar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling all modified Java files in a folder on Unix

Hi all, I have a Unix script that will compile all Java files in a sub folder as follows: find . -name "*.java" -print -exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -cp .:$CLASSPATH '{}' \; I would like to enhance it to only compile those Java files who: 1.) Have no class file 2.) Have a class file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Move Files From One Folder To Another In UNIX

There are around 13 files in folder1.I need to move these files to another folder folder2,one file at a time, after checking whether a file exists in another folder folder3. If a file exists in folder3, we should not move files from folder1 to folder2. If there are no files in folder3, we need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to transfer files between 2 UNIX servers, with same folder permission

I need to transfer directories/files between 2 Unix servers, with same folder permission. I tried scp, but it retains the the permissions, but changes the owner of the directory/file to the user used to copy them to the destination. I don't want that to happen. If possible without any other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Applying python on all the files in one folder --UNIX

Dear all, I know this might be a simple and silly question but I am struggling with it I have a long unix script and in a section of if I want to use a python script which should select all the files and run the script on it (as a whole) the loop I have is selecting file by file and I dont know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX cmd -find empty files in folder else sleep for 8hrs

Hello, I am trying to write a unix cmd , that if files in folder /path/FTP are all zero kb or empty then good to go, if not empty then sleep for 8 hrs. Following cmd list me the files which are not empty, But when I am incorporating IF ELSE cmd fails find /path/FTP. -type f -exec wc -l {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluestarmoon
6 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UNIX How to zip/compress files in a folder?

Environment: HP-Unix Operating System B.11.31 U ia64 I have a folder with around 2000 files. There are some files which sizes are more than 8 GB. I need to compress all the files in the folder into a single file, so that I can transfer the file. I tried with tar command, but the tar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
8 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)