Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help required with cut -d
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help required with cut -d Post 302097575 by Amardeep on Monday 27th of November 2006 06:39:17 AM
Old 11-27-2006
thanks !

thanks Smilie
it is perfect !

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required using cut command

Hi all, I have one text as '/home/psv/file/test.ksh'. In that I want to cut the text as '/home/psv/file/' . Let me know which command to use. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required the cut the whole contents from one file and paste it into new file

Hi, First of all sincere apologies if I have posted in a wrong section ! Please correct me if I am wrong ! I am very new to UNIX scripting. Currently my problem is that I have a code file at the location /home/usr/workarea/GeneratedLogs.log :- Code :- (Feb 7, 571 7:07:29 AM),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut a some required data from file

Data_Consolidation_Engine_Part_2_Job2..TgtArBkt: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist I have some thing like above in the file.. Upto this portion Data_Consolidation_Engine_Part_2_Job2..TgtArBkt: the length can be vary .. Can some one help me in taking this portion alone ORA-00942:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
IAC(1)							       PolyORB documentation							    IAC(1)

NAME
iac - PolyORB's IDL-to-Ada compiler SYNOPSIS
iac opts file [-cppargs args] DESCRIPTION
iac is an IDL-to-Ada compiler, compliant with version 1.2 of the "Ada Language Mapping Specification" produced by the OMG. OPTIONS
iac accepts the following options: -E Preprocess only. -k Keep temporary files. -p Produce source on standard output. -o DIR Specify output directory. -dm Generate debug messages when analyzing scopes -df Dump the frontend tree (the IDL tree) -cppargs ARGS Pass ARGS to the C++ preprocessor. -I dir Shortcut for -cppargs -I dir. -nocpp Do not preprocess input -<lang> Generate code for a supported language types Generate a list of all types present in the IDL file -p Print the list generate ada Generate Ada source code -i Generate implementation template. -c Generate client side code. -s Generate server side code. -d Generate delegation package. (defunct) -ir Generate code for interface repository.(defunct) -noir Don't generate code for interface repository (default). -hc Using perfect minimal hash tables in skeletons and minimize CPU time -hm Using perfect minimal hash tables in skeletons and minimize memory space -rs Use the SII/SSI to handle requests -rd Use the DII/DSI to handle requests (default) -da Dump the Ada tree -db Generate only the package bodies -ds Generate only the package specs -dw Output the withed entities -dt Output tree warnings -di Generate code for imported entities idl Dump parsed IDL file -b n Base to output integer literal As a default (zero) use base from input -e Expand IDL Tree -df Dump IDL Tree (may be used in conjunction with -e to dump the expanded IDL tree) -di Output IDL code of imported entities (may be used in conjunction with -e to output the expanded IDL code) EXIT STATUS
iac returns one of the following values upon exit: 0 Successful completion 1 Usage error 2 Illegal IDL specification AUTHORS
The PolyORB team, polyorb-devel@lists.adacore.com. SEE ALSO
The PolyORB WWW page, http://libre.adacore.com/polyorb/ PolyORB team April 26, 2007 IAC(1)