Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to increase fs
Operating Systems Solaris how to increase fs Post 302097557 by sparcguy on Monday 27th of November 2006 03:08:14 AM
Old 11-27-2006
not possible.

if yur using volume manager you can increase your filesystem on the fly but from the looks of it you are using pure block device.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File increase

Sorry im really new here this is my second post today! My question is, im trying to write a script and i want to output to a text file but i want each text file to be different so for instance log.txt, log1.txt, log2.txt ect how would i do that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

increase fs /var

Question I am not a hp admin but aix admin. I am wondering if to increase the fs /var we really have to umount the fs so means stop the system ... just to do an extendlv ? It is what I saw on man page of extendlv and that surprise me. On aix we can dynamically increase a fs and with version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

4. AIX

I can not increase the maxdata to 2 G.B

Please can anyone help me in my problem my problem is i have AIX 5.3 and We need 1 GB of data segment size available and we found To set the data segment size to 1 GB, set the LDR_CNTRL variable to LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x40000000@DSA. But after we set it and check with command “$ dump -X64 -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghazaly
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to increase capacity?

Hello everybody, is a very simple question how can I increase the capacity of a disk wich is on a DS4300?, I have done the procedure on the Storage Manager but the space is the same on the AIX (5.3) , what should I do to obtain the new ammount of disk space? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase Performance

I have written a code using AWK & sed to compare two files. The structure of the files is like this" Format is this: <bit code> <file code> <string> Follwoed by any numbers of properties lines whic start with a "space" 10101010101111101 XX abcd a AS sasa BS kkk 1110000101010110 XX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to increase number like this

hi all i got a assignment but this is part of it only.. i need the logic that all.. below is the kind of output that i want to get. 1 12 123 1234 12345 2345 345 45 5 i noe i need to use for loop cos currently i am doing a short cut way which is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

8. AIX

How can I increase a PV?

Hi, I have a 10GB iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 system. I increased the LUN to 15GB, but the system is still showing 10GB as the Total Size. How can I get the OS to see the extra space? Do I have to reboot the system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase maxuproc value

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL6 and now my processes reach maximum limit. How do I increase the maxuproc value? Can I increase the value without rebooting the server? Thanks in advance... Please Help!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase the / partition

Hi all im new to solaris and i got the task to increase the size of the / partition. its solaris 9 update6 running in a vmware esxi. i already added space on the VM, when im trying the "growfs" command im gettings error. see attached picture: http://i.imgur.com/9ywWLNN.png thanks for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
5 Replies
DUMPE2FS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DUMPE2FS(8)

NAME
dumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem information SYNOPSIS
dumpe2fs [ -bfhixV ] [ -o superblock=superblock ] [ -o blocksize=blocksize ] device DESCRIPTION
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device. Note: When used with a mounted filesystem, the printed information may be old or inconsistent. OPTIONS
-b print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem. -o superblock=superblock use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -o blocksize=blocksize use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -f force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect). -h only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information. -i display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file. -x print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format -V print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit. BUGS
You need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output. AUTHOR
dumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
e2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8). ext4(5) E2fsprogs version 1.42.9 December 2013 DUMPE2FS(8)