Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming equivalent function for wherey( ) ?? Post 302097513 by rockgal on Sunday 26th of November 2006 03:49:56 AM
Old 11-26-2006
Question equivalent function for wherey( ) ??

what is the equivalent function for wherey( ) ?? That is to return the current column position?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Equivalent function of [ kbhit() ] In TURBO C

ANy one knows equivalent function of which in Turbo C. I want to Execute Certain loop until any key is pressed. i.e while(!kbhit) { ---------- ---------- } This code work fine in DOS but NOt in LINUX i try to use but not getting the expected result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash equivalent of perl's pack function ?

Is there an equivalent of perl's pack function in bash ? Or in other words, how can I achieve the same thing in bash ? Much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script equivalent for tcl function

Hello, I need experts help in converting the below tcl function to korn shell function equivalent. proc lsNetMaskToBits {mask} { set dw ; # Top N bits set set dw 0x ; # Make sure it's hexadecimal, else XOR fails. puts "lsNetMaskToBits dw $dw" set dw ; # Complement => low 32-N bits... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JackMelson
1 Replies

5. Programming

Equivalent function for matlab on scilab

Hello everyone, i need help with this , i need the equivalent matlab funtion tf(x,y) in scilab and what do u recommend best from those three for a linux user (i need it for Control theory): 1-matlab 2-Scilab 3-Octave thank you for your time (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java - Arrays.binarySearch function equivalent in awk

Hi all Does anyone know Java-Arrays.binarySearch function equivalent in awk I tried like this but it's not correct one,it just returns array index if and only when searched value available in array, for some reason if searched value not found then I want to return upper nearest neighbour index.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell equivalent of matlab fwrite function

I have some matlab code that sends the serial port elements of an array using matlab's fwrite function, e.g.: fwrite(s, , 'uchar'); What would be a unix shell equivalent? E.g., after successfully accessing the port using instructions here: Simple terminal serial port program for Linux/MacOSX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwin_886
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will files, creaetd in one function of the same script will be recognized in another function?

Dear All. I have a script, which process files one by one. In the script I have two functions. one sftp files to different server the other from existing file create file with different name. My question is: Will sftp function recognize files names , which are created in another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function - Make your function return an exit status

Hi All, Good Day, seeking for your assistance on how to not perform my 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.. function if my 1st function is in else condition. #Body function1() { if then echo "exist" else echo "not exist" } #if not exist in function1 my all other function will not proceed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
4 Replies
curs_border_set(3)					     Library Functions Manual						curs_border_set(3)

NAME
curs_border_set, border_set, wborder_set, box_set, hline_set, whline_set, mvhline_set, mvwhline_set, vline_set, wvline_set, mvvline_set, mvwvline_set - Draw borders or lines by using complex characters and renditions SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int border_set( const cchar_t *ls, const cchar_t *rs, const cchar_t *ts, const cchar_t *bs, const cchar_t *tl, const cchar_t *tr, const cchar_t *bl, const cchar_t *br ); int wborder_set( WINDOW *win, const cchar_t *ls, const cchar_t *rs, const cchar_t *ts, const cchar_t *bs, const cchar_t *tl, const cchar_t *tr, const cchar_t *bl, const cchar_t *br ); int box_set( WINDOW *win, const cchar_t *verch, const cchar_t *horch ); int hline_set( const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int whline_set( WINDOW *win, const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int mvhline_set( int y, int x, const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int mvwhline_set( WINDOW *win, int y, int x, const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int vline_set( const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int wvline_set( WINDOW *win, const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int mvvline_set( int y, int x, const cchar_t *wch, int n ); int mvwvline_set( WINDOW *win, int y, int x, const cchar_t *wch, int n ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: border_set, wborder_set, box_set, hline_set, whline_set, mvhline_set, mvwhline_set, vline_set, wvline_set, mvvline_set, mvwv- line_set: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The border_set and wborder_set functions draw a border around the edges of the current or specified window. These functions do not advance the cursor position, do not perform special character processing, and do not perform wrapping. The arguments in the left-hand column of the following table contain spacing complex characters with renditions, which have the specified uses in drawing the border: ----------------------------------------------------------------- Argument Name Usage Default Value ----------------------------------------------------------------- ls Starting-column side WACS_VLINE rs Ending-column side WACS_VLINE ts First-line side WACS_HLINE bs Last-line side WACS_HLINE tl Corner of the first line and the WACS_ULCORNER starting column tr Corner of the first line and the WACS_URCORNER ending column bl Corner of the last line and the WACS_LLCORNER starting column br Corner of the last line and the WACS_LRCORNER ending column ----------------------------------------------------------------- If the value of any argument in the left-hand column of the table is a null pointer, then the default value in the right-hand column is used. If the value of any argument in the left-hand column of the table is a multicolumn character, the results are undefined. The box_set function draws a border around the edges of the specified window. This function does not advance the cursor position, does not perform special-character processing, and does not perform wrapping. The call box_set(win, verch, horch); is equivalent to the following call: wborder_set(win, verch, verch, horch, horch, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); The *line_set functions use wch to draw a line in the current or specified window, starting at the current or specified position. The line is at most n positions in length or as many positions as can fit into the window. These functions do not advance the cursor position, do not perform special-character processing, and do not perform wrapping. The hline_set, mvhline_set, mvwhline_set, and whline_set functions draw a line proceeding toward the last column of the same line. The vline_set, mvvline_set, mvwvline_set, and wvline_set functions draw a line proceeding toward the last line of the window. NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. Note that border_set, hlines_set, mvhline_set, mvvline_set, mvwhline_set, mvwvline_set, and vline_set may be macros. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3), curs_border(3), curs_outopts(3) Others: standards(5) curs_border_set(3)