Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open Ports on System
Operating Systems AIX Open Ports on System Post 302097481 by Sprellarinn on Saturday 25th of November 2006 09:33:26 AM
Old 11-25-2006
netstat -a

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

closing open ports

/* Linux Slackware */ Nmap shows the following ports open on the gateway. 21/tcp ftp 22/tcp ssh 23/tcp telnet 25/tcp smtp 37/tcp time 80/tcp http 113/tcp auth 515/tcp printer 587/tcp submission 1024/tcp kdm 6000/tcp x11 ------------------------------- i would like to close as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LowOrderBit
10 Replies

2. Linux

How To Open Ports in RedHat ?

how can i open ports i need in red hat server vs root access ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sirius
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check open ports every ...

Hello, i need a script (bash type maybe?..), which would check open ports on 127.0.0.1 and then compare open ports with "registered/allowed" port list and try to kill the program who uses unregistered ports. It would be great that script would be started lets say every 5 or 10 minutes. You see i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MorchiuS
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1012-1020 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. One server has all these on and one server just has 1017. *.1023 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

5. Solaris

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1013-1023 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. I rebooted the server and they went off, but this morning I saw they were all back on again. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Open ports in solaris 10

hi guys, may i know the exact steps to open a port in solaris.i have some rough idea - which is adding the port number in /etc/services. but i am not sure the correct conventions, steps or any other steps. kindly advise.thanks guys ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports and services

just a quick question: a. whats the simplest command to check open port and the corresponding services? example: bash-2.05# netstat -an | grep LISTEN *.199 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN *.8989 *.* 0 0 49152 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Open/close of ports

Hi, I have read some forum theads about the open and close ports. some points are clear and it is not working on my machine or something am i missing? I have commented out a port /etc/services, one application uses then when i use the telnet <hostname> <port_blocked> it shows connected..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Checking open ports in a system

Hi, There are two servers which needs to be connected via the port number 1521 from a remote server. This is the port config in the first server : L28tstream1 : # netstat -tulpn | grep 1521 tcp 0 0 10.67.26.183:1521 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
body(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   body(n)

NAME
body - change the body for a class method/proc SYNOPSIS
body className::function args body DESCRIPTION
The body command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define or redefine the body of a class method or proc. This facility allows a class definition to have separate "interface" and "implementation" parts. The "interface" part is a class command with declara- tions for methods, procs, instance variables and common variables. The "implementation" part is a series of body and configbody commands. If the "implementation" part is kept in a separate file, it can be sourced again and again as bugs are fixed, to support interactive devel- opment. When using the "tcl" mode in the emacs editor, the "interface" and "implementation" parts can be kept in the same file; as bugs are fixed, individual bodies can be highlighted and sent to the test application. The name "className::function" identifies the method/proc being changed. If an args list was specified when the function was defined in the class definition, the args list for the body command must match in mean- ing. Variable names can change, but the argument lists must have the same required arguments and the same default values for optional arguments. The special args argument acts as a wildcard when included in the args list in the class definition; it will match zero or more arguments of any type when the body is redefined. If the body string starts with "@", it is treated as the symbolic name for a C procedure. The args list has little meaning for the C pro- cedure, except to document the expected usage. (The C procedure is not guaranteed to use arguments in this manner.) If body does not start with "@", it is treated as a Tcl command script. When the function is invoked, command line arguments are matched against the args list, and local variables are created to represent each argument. This is the usual behavior for a Tcl-style proc. Symbolic names for C procedures are established by registering procedures via Itcl_RegisterC(). This is usually done in the Tcl_AppInit() procedure, which is automatically called when the interpreter starts up. In the following example, the procedure My_FooCmd() is registered with the symbolic name "foo". This procedure can be referenced in the body command as "@foo". int Tcl_AppInit(interp) Tcl_Interp *interp; /* Interpreter for application. */ { if (Itcl_Init(interp) == TCL_ERROR) { return TCL_ERROR; } if (Itcl_RegisterC(interp, "foo", My_FooCmd) != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } } EXAMPLE
In the following example, a "File" class is defined to represent open files. The method bodies are included below the class definition via the body command. Note that the bodies of the constructor/destructor must be included in the class definition, but they can be redefined via the body command as well. class File { private variable fid "" constructor {name access} { set fid [open $name $access] } destructor { close $fid } method get {} method put {line} method eof {} } body File::get {} { return [gets $fid] } body File::put {line} { puts $fid $line } body File::eof {} { return [::eof $fid] } # # See the File class in action: # File x /etc/passwd "r" while {![x eof]} { puts "=> [x get]" } delete object x KEYWORDS
class, object, procedure itcl 3.0 body(n)