Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disk space management on Solaris Post 302097469 by Tornado on Saturday 25th of November 2006 04:00:09 AM
Old 11-25-2006
Since your using veritas, provided you have some free disk space you can use vxassist to grow the /oracle filesystem, on the fly and without an outage.

Have a look here:
http://www.adminschoice.com/docs/vxa...g%20a%20Volume
Tornado

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to re-allocate disk space on solaris 10

I am not very good at UNIX and seek help here. I tried to install Oracle 10g on a 64 bit Sun sparc machine with solaris 10 as OS. After I installed solaris 10, the current file system on the machine looks like this: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5104758 4854293 199418 97% / /devices ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)? Is there any standard function or system function? Just like "df" or "getdfree" in Linux. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yidu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space availability on solaris machine

Hi, I have a question regarding finding free space on the disk of a solaris machine. Many mount points are available in my machine. Right now i am using df -b option to get the free disk space available. I have an assignment to check free space on the disk. I pass the directory as a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
3 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 8 / disk space almost full

Hi All, My Solaris 8 firewall server is getting full on the / filesystem. I don't know which one should I delete. I think there's no more to delete on the file like logs or temp file. Does someone knows about deleting a safe file (or folder) on FS like /usr, /opt, /platform, /kernel, /sbin?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to utilize the 2nd hard disk space in x86 solaris 5.10

I have 2 hard disks ,one hard disk(40gb) completely for windows Os,and the other(120gb) for solaris Os. In the second hard disk.I have utilised around 10gb for the solaris installation and also partitioned with the available 10gb space for the solaris x86 OS. Now i need to utilise the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
8 Replies

7. Solaris

disk space solaris 10

I got 4 hd each of 75GB. The os sun solaris 10 is installed on disk 0 and is almost full. see at df -k shows the following $ df -k Dateisystem kByte belegt verfügbar Kapazität Eingehängt auf /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 6856805 6388140 400097 95% / /devices 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j2me
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk management

Dear experts, I have a freshly installed solaris 10 64bit os in one hard disk Now i have added another hard disk and managed all settings perfectly in bios mode. Now how can i manage my second hard disk in solaris. because i want to install sap which i have dump in 2nd hard... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathapkutty
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Disk management in RHEL 6

Hi, I want to Create a patition /home with 100G which be taken from /Archive, Note that we are using Raid 10. Thanks and regards root@mainmgt1 ~]# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root 94G 69G 20G 78% / tmpfs 24G 668M... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stam51
0 Replies
df(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    df(1B)

NAME
df - display status of disk space on file systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/df [-a] [-i] [-t type] [filesystem...] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The df utility displays the amount of disk space occupied by currently mounted file systems, the amount of used and available space, and how much of the file system's total capacity has been used. If arguments to df are path names, df produces a report on the file system containing the named file. Thus `df .' shows the amount of space on the file system containing the current directory. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Report on all filesystems including the uninteresting ones which have zero total blocks (that is, auto-mounter). -i Report the number of used and free inodes. Print ` * ' if no information is available. -t type Report on filesystems of a given type (for example, nfs or ufs). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using df A sample of output for df looks like: example% df Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on sparky:/ 7445 4714 1986 70% / sparky:/usr 42277 35291 2758 93% /usr Note that used+avail is less than the amount of space in the file system (kbytes); this is because the system reserves a fraction of the space in the file system to allow its file system allocation routines to work well. The amount reserved is typically about 10%; this can be adjusted using tunefs (see tunefs(1M)). When all the space on a file system except for this reserve is in use, only the super-user can allocate new files and data blocks to existing files. When a file system is overallocated in this way, df can report that the file system is more than 100% utilized. FILES
/etc/mnttab List of file systems currently mounted /etc/vfstab List of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
du(1), quot(1M), tunefs(1M), mnttab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 df(1B)