Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO and VMware
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO and VMware Post 302097362 by Corona688 on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 05:28:26 PM
Old 11-23-2006
VMWare supports boot CD's, so if you have any boot CD's for SCO you can use them.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

all tcp are CLOSED on SCO Unix on VMWARE

Hi folks, First of all, sorry about my english, isn't the best and thks for advance. Here es my problem... I have virtualize an SCO unix with VMware ESX 3 and everything was going on beatifull until that i try to connect from anorther host, i can't do it so i check the connection with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martocapo
5 Replies

2. SCO

VMware and SCO Unixware 7.1.4 Network issue

I am haveing a problem with my VMware ESXi 4.1 server and a virtual SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 server that I need for a legacy application for my company. The problem seems simple but I can't find a solution. The UnixWare (UW) server is a clean install and patched as SCO recommends. I am able to telnet to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DudeCrush
1 Replies

3. SCO

Failure while installing SCO UNIXWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox

Sir I am trying to install UnixWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox and I am getting the following error FATAL BOOT ERROR: decompression failed For installing SCO Unixware7.1.4 I have created virtual harddisk of size 18GB, 1024 RAM, 64bit video memory, chosen unixware7.1.4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshforu3
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 6.0 & VMware problems

I've moved a physical server over to VMWare ESXi 5.1 using SCO 6.0 with MP4. For whatever reason, people are occasionally getting kicked out or are closing out their telnet session and it is leaving their processes running. When this happens, the sar %idle drops from 98-95% down to 25-20%. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlitos71
1 Replies

5. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies

6. SCO

Configuare Network SCO UNIX 5.0.7 on Vmware

hi i installed sco unix open server 5.0.7 on virtual machine vmware and runing it, its work perfect and good. now how i can configuare network at scoadmin that i able to access nework ? ---------- Post updated at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:47 AM ---------- nobody can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farzad226
2 Replies
MIC-IMAGE-CONVERTOR(1)					      General Commands Manual					    MIC-IMAGE-CONVERTOR(1)

NAME
mic-image-convertor - Convert a virtual machine image to a live image SYNOPSIS
mic-image-convertor [options] DESCRIPTION
mic-image-convertor can convert a virtual machine image to a live image, this is specially for developers, they will use VMWare player or KVM or VirtualBox to run this image and do some changes in place, then they convert this changed image to a live image to run in a real device. mic-image-manager has a GUI tool for mic-image-convertor, you can use it if you prefer to use GUI instead of command line. General OPTIONS --version show version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -F SRCFORMAT, --source-format=SRCFORMAT Source image format, possible values are: raw, vmdk or vdi (default: automatically detect image type). -I SRCIMG, --source-image=SRCIMG Source image which was created by mic-image-creator or an image file system. -T DSTFORMAT, --target-format=DSTFORMAT Target image format, possible values are: livecd and liveusb -t TMPDIR, --tmpdir=TMPDIR Temporary directory to use (default: /var/tmp) -o OUTDIR, --outdir=OUTDIR Output directory to use (default: current work dir) -S SUFFIX, --suffix=SUFFIX Image name suffix (default: date stamp) OPTIONS For Live USB -i, --interactive Directly write into a USB disk. --fstype=FSTYPE File system type for live USB image, ext3 or vfat, the default is vfat. --overlay-size-mb=OVERLAYSIZEMB Overlay size in MB as unit, it means how size changes you can save in your live USB disk. Debug OPTIONS -d, --debug Output debugging information -v, --verbose Output verbose progress information --logfile=FILE Save debug information to FILE EXAMPLES
Convert a VMWare image to a live CD image: mic-image-convertor -I your-vmware-image.vmdk -T liveusb EXIT STATUS
mic-image-convertor returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-image-writer(1), mic-livecd-iso-to-disk(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-IMAGE-CONVERTOR(1)