Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disks broke?
Operating Systems AIX disks broke? Post 302097346 by kvanelshocht on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 11:33:58 AM
Old 11-23-2006
yes, but that was a "no go"...
it's weird that AIX can read so many details from the disk, but is not able to use it...

cheerz

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I think I broke it....

I was trying to install gcc on my solaris 2.6 box... and I kept encountering an error that was probably due to the lack of allocated space to the /var/spool/pkg... For some reason... I'm still trying to figure this out... I make symbolic links to every instace of /spool I could find... I then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed the hostname/IP and broke it (AIX)

A buddy of mine bought an older RS/6000 CAD workstation runing AIX to learn on, and had me put it on his LAN at home. I used smit to change the hostname/IP. After a reboot I try to login, and get a message saying that DTMessage cannot start, and gives a changed hostname as one of the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i broke CDE

i honestly dont know what i did... considering i did many things... but now when i run a tightvnc session, i don't get the CDE desktop anymore, i get something that looks like an empty screen with a single terminal window... to make things worse, i can't do anything with that terminal window. it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

4. Solaris

GNU libjpeg broke cde-login over XDMCP

Hi all, I was building x11vnc on Solaris 10 SPARC and needed libjpeg, so I built and installed that in the right path /usr/sfw/lib. Now I can't get the dtgreet screen on my local network using XDMCP. I strongly suspect the library installation broke something (conflict with libjpeg in /lib or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deSitter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

6. AIX

X Forwarding broke

X Forwarding has quit working on only 2 of our AIX Servers. ssh -X -vvv host That shows it requesting the X11 forward auth spoofing. No errors. echo $DISPLAY shows the display variable However when I execute xclock.... nothing... Kinda like it just hangs and for some reasons it does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ssh connection broke after patching

Hi, I have a user - e3t3user on two Solaris-10 servers. We did patching source server and after that e3t3user is not able to ssh from one server to another. Passwordless ssh connection is setup between both servers (with ssh keys share). I am not able to figure out, where it is failing. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP broke after patching

Greetings...My first post here... I am facing issue on a x86 Solaris server, running on VMWare. We have to install latest patch cluster. I took a snapshot (on VMWare side), so we have backup copy. Downloaded and installed latest patch cluster. Post patching, I am not able to login on server with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
3 Replies
GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1) 					gnome-disk-utility					   GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1)

NAME
gnome-disk-image-mounter - Attach and mount disk images SYNOPSIS
gnome-disk-image-mounter [--writable] [URI...] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disk-image-mounter can be used to set up disk images. Both regular files and GVfs URIs (such as smb://filer/media/file.iso) can be used in the URI parameter. If no URIs are given and a window server is running, a graphical file chooser will be presented. Note that gnome-disk-image-mounter will not mount filesystems or unlock encrypted volumes in the disk image - this responsibility is left to the automounter in GNOME Shell to ensure that the same interactions happen as if the disk image was a regular physical device or disc. By default the disk images are attached read-only, use the option --writable to change this. RETURN VALUE
gnome-disk-image-mounter returns 0 on success and non-zero on failure. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-shell(1), gnome-disks(1), udisks(8), losetup(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1)