Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: string operation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting string operation Post 302097320 by mels on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 08:28:18 AM
Old 11-23-2006
$EX_LIST is not global and only filled within the get_first function.
If you change the last part to:
EX_LIST2=`get_first`

echo Printing out the result:
for nn in $EX_LIST2 ; do
echo item: $nn
done
echo done!

Mels

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string operation

I am trying to ask for full name in a script, Then echo back to the user with the surname only, omitting the first name. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orjnet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Search for string, then do string operation on line

Hi, I wish to find all lines that contain a specific search word, and then do few string operations on that line. The idea is to "fix" the file which has been moved from windows to unix. Using unix - Sun Solaris Test input ("t2.sas") statement1 statement2 libname yahoo ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksinbox
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Operation

/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/file4 this is the path...i have 2 variables filename and filepath...i want filename=file4 filepath=/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw i.e. i think i have to find last occurence of "/" in string and the string after "/" want to take in some variable and string before last "/"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed OR-Operation

Hello, I'm trying to get the configuration-IP-Addresses from Cisco-configurations on the Routers they are defined as a Loopback0-interface like this: interface Loopback0 ip address 172.23.19.249 255.255.255.255 On the Switches they are defined as a VLAN 80 interface like this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sally[-_-]
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex string operation (awk, sed, other?)

I have a file that contains RewriteRules for 200 countries (2 examples for 1 country below): RewriteRule ^/at(/|/index.html|)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/locate/index.html?locale=de_AT #& RewriteRule ^/at_english(/|/index.html|)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/locate/index.html?locale=en_AT I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshadowop
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operation in csh shell

Hi, to everybody i have a string which Looks like this FT47;3;1;1;;;1;09.02.2017 21:21:19;2;2 and i would like to change to value on one Position only e.g. the values on Position 6 should change to 1 nevertheyless which values was there before AIX 4.3.2.0 and csh i try... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String operation in csh AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody i stuck on a simple thing i had a string and i want cut it , i try already few thing with the cut command but does not the way it should. The script is in csh and running on AIX 4.3.2.0 here are few samples how the string can look like FT71;1;1;1;;;1;31.01.2017... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
9 Replies
UNIQUE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 UNIQUE(8)

NAME
unique - removes duplicates from a wordlist SYNOPSIS
unique output-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the unique command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The unique tool finds and removes duplicate entries from a wordlist (read from stdin), without changing the order. This is important to increase the performance of john when using the wordlist method. SEE ALSO
john(8), mailer(8), unafs(8), unshadow(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 UNIQUE(8)