Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: the kill command
Top Forums Programming the kill command Post 302097156 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 22nd of November 2006 04:19:47 AM
Old 11-22-2006
Are you trying to

implement that via system command
or using the kill system call
or switching to kernel mode and delivering interrupts to specific process ? Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kill command

what is the kill command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rush
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill Command

Hi All, What is difference between kill & kill -9 command? Thanks & regards, Sonali (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

4. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill command issues

xxxxxx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kitty123
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Kill Command

I am running Solaris 9. I have a problem with kill command. I'm sort of teaching myself so this might be a really stupid thing. I logged in as a normal user, lets say ABC, and then did "su" to root. After becoming root, I tried to kill the process started by ABC by saying kill -9 "pid of ABC" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill command

Good way to kill the process, if the process having it's child (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill command in linux OS

How to undo the kill command in Linux OS? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill using the ps command

hello, can anyone help me with a script that checks the status of processes and "kills" the process that's hanging? I mean I'm aware of the commands but I'm confused on how to put them all together... thanks! :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude911
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill command

what is the difference between kill 5 and kill %5? the first one is to kill a process with PID 5 but what does the % mean in the second one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
3 Replies
SIGRETURN(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      SIGRETURN(2)

NAME
sigreturn - return from signal handler and cleanup stack frame SYNOPSIS
int sigreturn(unsigned long __unused); DESCRIPTION
When the Linux kernel creates the stack frame for a signal handler, a call to sigreturn() is inserted into the stack frame so that upon return from the signal handler, sigreturn() will be called. This sigreturn() call undoes everything that was done--changing the process's signal mask, switching stacks (see sigaltstack(2))--in order to invoke the signal handler: it restores the process's signal mask, switches stacks, and restores the process's context (registers, pro- cessor flags), so that the process directly resumes execution at the point where it was interrupted by the signal. RETURN VALUE
sigreturn() never returns. FILES
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/kernel/signal.c /usr/src/linux/arch/alpha/kernel/entry.S CONFORMING TO
sigreturn() is specific to Linux and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
The sigreturn() call is used by the kernel to implement signal handlers. It should never be called directly. Better yet, the specific use of the __unused argument varies depending on the architecture. SEE ALSO
kill(2), restart_syscall(2), sigaltstack(2), signal(2), signal(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2013-07-30 SIGRETURN(2)