Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unexpected crontab error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unexpected crontab error Post 302097132 by dhanamurthy on Wednesday 22nd of November 2006 01:29:59 AM
Old 11-22-2006
Can you tell me how to check for non printable character in the crontab file. But all the crons are working fine. That is the mystery in it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: syntax error: `...' unexpected???

Hello all, I want to create a script that polls every hour a directory for the existence of a file. The file I look for is a `token` dropped by an external process at the completion of a successful FTP process. I wrote this script `checkfile.ksh`: #!/usr/bin/ksh if ] then mailx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected eof error

Hi, I am newbie and am just trying to connect to oracle from shell script ,,,but I am getting the following error ./prog.sh: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file The scripts is : #!/bin/bash O=$IFS; IFS=","; while read a b c d do echo $c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected error

./sample.5: syntax error: `(' unexpected I get this error and Im trying to solve it but the line that it refering to is a notation so I don't understand why it is affecting the program. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpme2008
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error : Syntax error: redirection unexpected

My script is throwing the error 'Syntax error: redirection unexpected' My line of code.. cat nsstatustest.html | sed s/<tr><td align="left">/<tr><td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"><font color="white">/ > ztmp.Ps23zp2s.2-Fpps3-wmmm0dss3 HTML tags are getting in the way but they're needed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Unexpected error

When I typed #svcs -x sma I received this following error, svcs: svcs.c:335: Unexpected libscf error: invalid argument. Exiting. I have googled around but could not find a solution. IS this a bug? I am using Solaris 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
2 Replies

7. Solaris

scstat: unexpected error , sc 3.2

Hello, Looks like cluster nodes are completely messed up. I had configured mysql resource as failover group using smf.proxy.failover and it looked okay so I 'init 6' one node, other node somehow hung and when both were reset, both have problems . -bash-3.00# scstat -g -bash-3.00#... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unexpected error

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one of the process and for that I am using below command at one line : uncompress `cat tmp` content in tmp file are : /home/vas/aqbatch/newbatch/archive/output/RIM_GUIDEPRICE_AQ_02108.DAT.Z... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting this error syntax error near unexpected token `)'

Hi Everyone, my script was running Ok, but suddenly it started giving this error. ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: syntax error near unexpected token `)' ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: `sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/" repository.xml' The line 54 has this code. sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajay12
2 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the allow file does not exist but the deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for comments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/var/cron/allow List of users allowed to use crontab /var/cron/deny List of users prohibited from using crontab /var/cron/tabs Directory for personal crontab files DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') with the exception that the dangerous variant of calling crontab without a file name in the first form of the command is not allowed by this implementation. The pseudo-filename '-' must be specified to read from standard input. The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
May 13, 2010 BSD