Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Get user name from ip address Post 302097095 by DreamWarrior on Tuesday 21st of November 2006 02:42:59 PM
Old 11-21-2006
http://www.amazon.com/Unix-Network-P...e=UTF8&s=books

Unix Network Programming, Vol. 1: The Sockets Networking API, Third Edition.
ISBN: 0131411551

This book is absolutely priceless when learning anything about network comm. in Unix.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locate a user by their IP address

We have a user that is sending rather large print jobs to a windows printer, we need to track them down and advise a sensible approach to printing. The only thing that shows up in the windows print manager is the IP address of the source. Is this achievable? :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace <Address> with a var input by user

Hi, All here is not a full version script, just post a sample. #/bin/bash read -p 'Addr: ' addr sed 's/<Address>/'"$addr"'/' pf.mod>$1 If the input string include `/', sed will return error message. I know that s/// can be replaced with s::: or s!!!, etc, but the input var can accept... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2007
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote user ip address

can anybody help me to get a remote user ip address in SCO 5.0.5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can kernel process access user address space ?

Can kernel process access user address space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Ho do I masquerade the "user@user.local" address in mail/mailx?

Hi, I'm brand new here and looking for a solution: I'm using mail or mailx. The default reply address is «myshortusername@mylongusername.local» which makes absolutely no sense for anybody receiving my emails. But how do I change it? There seem to be many solutions but none for Mac OS X.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find the Ip address of the user who deleted files

Hi, There were a few files deleted from a server by user xyz. The file names are:- /oraextME4/oradata/ME11G22/TEST_IMPORT_01.dbf /oraextME4/oradata/ME11G22/RKVITR1_03.dbf /oraextME4/oradata/ME11G22/TEST_IMPORT_02.dbf need to know the ip address of the terminal from which that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhinav Jaiswal
10 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL select user with the same IP address

Dear community, I woul like to make a query to output all the users having the same IP address. The table is somethig like: name logged_ip ==== ========= user1 127.0.0.1 user2 127.0.0.2 user3 127.0.0.3 user4 127.0.0.1 user5 127.0.0.2 user6 127.0.0.5I used this query... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies
books(3)							       Coin								  books(3)

NAME
books - Books Related to Open Inventor / Coin Here is a list of some of the better books for people that invested in software development with Open Inventor. If you have suggestions for additional books that ought to go on this list, please feel free to tell us about it. The Inventor Mentor (subtitle 'Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor') This is an excellently written, detailed, tutorial-style introductory book for Open Inventor that takes you through all the fundamental design principles applied in the Open Inventor API, richly illustrated and with numerous, well documented code examples. The Inventor Mentor is getting a bit old, but do not let that put you off. It is as valid today as it was the day it was written, and we heartily recommend this book for anyone learning to use Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62495-8. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Inventor Toolmaker This book explains how Open Inventor was designed for being extended by the users, and walks you through how to develop your own components that work with all aspects of Coin. ISBN 0-201-62493-1. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Annotated VRML2.0 Reference Manual This book covers the VRML97 (aka VRML 2.0) standard, which Coin has implemented with its Inventor/VRMLnodes/* classes, which is an extension made beyond the Open Inventor V2.1 API. The VRML97 format has some significant differences from the Inventor and VRML1 formats, so it is a useful book if you want to use that part of Coin. ISBN 0-201-41974-2. You will find the specification documents for VRML97 online at http://www.web3d.org/. The Open GL Programming Manual This is the bible when it comes to OpenGL programming and is relevant for Open Inventor extenders that develop new nodes that implement or affect Open Inventor OpenGL rendering. There are many editions of this book since it is updated whenever new versions of OpenGL are standardized and comes out, so check that you have identified the latest edition if you order one. The Open Inventor C++ Reference Manual Although this book is directly relevant for Open Inventor, it does only cover the Open Inventor 2.1 API. This information is more or less also covered in the online doxygen doc for Coin, where you have it hyperlinked, and can also be generated offline from the Coin sources to have locally, so we do not think this book is very useful to have in print. We mention it anyway since it is an official documentation book for Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62491-5. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 books(3)