Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Get user name from ip address Post 302096986 by munnu on Tuesday 21st of November 2006 03:16:34 AM
Old 11-21-2006
Get user name from ip address

hi all
i am new in unix programming i want some help from this forum, i want to know how to get user name of other machine in local network from its ip address or suggest any books for networking programming on unix

sachin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locate a user by their IP address

We have a user that is sending rather large print jobs to a windows printer, we need to track them down and advise a sensible approach to printing. The only thing that shows up in the windows print manager is the IP address of the source. Is this achievable? :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace <Address> with a var input by user

Hi, All here is not a full version script, just post a sample. #/bin/bash read -p 'Addr: ' addr sed 's/<Address>/'"$addr"'/' pf.mod>$1 If the input string include `/', sed will return error message. I know that s/// can be replaced with s::: or s!!!, etc, but the input var can accept... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2007
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote user ip address

can anybody help me to get a remote user ip address in SCO 5.0.5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can kernel process access user address space ?

Can kernel process access user address space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Ho do I masquerade the "user@user.local" address in mail/mailx?

Hi, I'm brand new here and looking for a solution: I'm using mail or mailx. The default reply address is «myshortusername@mylongusername.local» which makes absolutely no sense for anybody receiving my emails. But how do I change it? There seem to be many solutions but none for Mac OS X.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find the Ip address of the user who deleted files

Hi, There were a few files deleted from a server by user xyz. The file names are:- /oraextME4/oradata/ME11G22/TEST_IMPORT_01.dbf /oraextME4/oradata/ME11G22/RKVITR1_03.dbf /oraextME4/oradata/ME11G22/TEST_IMPORT_02.dbf need to know the ip address of the terminal from which that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhinav Jaiswal
10 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL select user with the same IP address

Dear community, I woul like to make a query to output all the users having the same IP address. The table is somethig like: name logged_ip ==== ========= user1 127.0.0.1 user2 127.0.0.2 user3 127.0.0.3 user4 127.0.0.1 user5 127.0.0.2 user6 127.0.0.5I used this query... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)					 Terminal control				      term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(3tcl)