Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .exe files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .exe files Post 302096978 by blowtorch on Tuesday 21st of November 2006 02:47:12 AM
Old 11-21-2006
Not necessary to call the file a.out. That is just the default name. Most C compilers allow you to name the output file using the '-o <filename>' option.

But yes, you need to recompile. Best of luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running EXE files on UNIX

I'm trying to find out if a executible file created in visual basic will run in the CGI-BIN of a unix server. I see the C section but no mention of VB. Thanks Sean (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seanstog
1 Replies

2. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

3. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

4. Programming

running exe

how we can run the exe when the system starts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list exe files modified before certain dates

Can you please tell me how I can list all EXE files in a dir and Subdir which where modified say before 01/01/2006 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fremont
2 Replies

6. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

7. Programming

How . exe files work

:confused:Hi I work on a production server. We have some .exe files in our system, the source of these files are C++ programs that are stored in the development server. How these .exe work. Could somebody please tell that in detail. Thanks a lot!! Kanu (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
8 Replies

8. Programming

How to build .exe from c

All, I have never comipled C code before and would appricaite if anyone could tell me how to build a .exe from a C program. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

9. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run exe files in unix

Hi I have a open source tool called table text comparator Link to download that tool: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csv_file_comparison.html I wish to run this tool in our unix servers. In windows O.S i just have to unzip and i can use this tool by running the .exe file. So i want to know how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
6 Replies
CPP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CPP(1)

NAME
cpp - C language preprocessor SYNOPSIS
cpp [ option ... ] [ ifile [ ofile ] ] DESCRIPTION
Cpp interprets ANSI C preprocessor directives and does macro substitution. The input ifile and output ofile default to standard input and standard output respectively. The options are: -Dname -Dname=def -Idir Same as in 2c(1). -M Generate no output except a list of include files in a form suitable for specifying dependencies to mk(1). Use twice to list files in angle brackets. -N Turn off default include directories. All must be specified with -I. Without this option, /$objtype/include and /sys/include are used as the last two searched directories for include directives, where $objtype is read from the environment. -V Print extra debugging information. -+ Understand C++ comments. The output file contains processed text sprinkled with lines that show the original input line numbering: #line linenumber "ifile" The input language is as described in the ANSI C standard. The C compilers do not use cpp; they contain their own simple but adequate pre- processor, so cpp is usually superfluous. FILES
/sys/include directory for machine-independent include files /$objtype/include directory for machine-dependent include files SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/cpp SEE ALSO
2c(1) CPP(1)