Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .exe files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .exe files Post 302096973 by kumarangopi on Tuesday 21st of November 2006 02:09:20 AM
Old 11-21-2006
.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running EXE files on UNIX

I'm trying to find out if a executible file created in visual basic will run in the CGI-BIN of a unix server. I see the C section but no mention of VB. Thanks Sean (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seanstog
1 Replies

2. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

3. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

4. Programming

running exe

how we can run the exe when the system starts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list exe files modified before certain dates

Can you please tell me how I can list all EXE files in a dir and Subdir which where modified say before 01/01/2006 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fremont
2 Replies

6. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

7. Programming

How . exe files work

:confused:Hi I work on a production server. We have some .exe files in our system, the source of these files are C++ programs that are stored in the development server. How these .exe work. Could somebody please tell that in detail. Thanks a lot!! Kanu (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
8 Replies

8. Programming

How to build .exe from c

All, I have never comipled C code before and would appricaite if anyone could tell me how to build a .exe from a C program. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

9. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run exe files in unix

Hi I have a open source tool called table text comparator Link to download that tool: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csv_file_comparison.html I wish to run this tool in our unix servers. In windows O.S i just have to unzip and i can use this tool by running the .exe file. So i want to know how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
6 Replies
File::DosGlob(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					File::DosGlob(3pm)

NAME
File::DosGlob - DOS like globbing and then some SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; # override CORE::glob in current package use File::DosGlob 'glob'; # override CORE::glob in ALL packages (use with extreme caution!) use File::DosGlob 'GLOBAL_glob'; @perlfiles = glob "..\pe?l/*.p?"; print <..\pe?l/*.p?>; # from the command line (overrides only in main::) > perl -MFile::DosGlob=glob -e "print <../pe*/*p?>" DESCRIPTION
A module that implements DOS-like globbing with a few enhancements. It is largely compatible with perlglob.exe (the M$ setargv.obj version) in all but one respect--it understands wildcards in directory components. For example, "<..\l*b\file/*glob.p?>" will work as expected (in that it will find something like '..libFile/DosGlob.pm' alright). Note that all path components are case-insensitive, and that backslashes and forward slashes are both accepted, and preserved. You may have to double the backslashes if you are putting them in literally, due to double-quotish parsing of the pattern by perl. Spaces in the argument delimit distinct patterns, so "glob('*.exe *.dll')" globs all filenames that end in ".exe" or ".dll". If you want to put in literal spaces in the glob pattern, you can escape them with either double quotes, or backslashes. e.g. "glob('c:/"Program Files"/*/*.dll')", or "glob('c:/Program Files/*/*.dll')". The argument is tokenized using "Text::ParseWords::parse_line()", so see Text::ParseWords for details of the quoting rules used. Extending it to csh patterns is left as an exercise to the reader. EXPORTS (by request only) glob() BUGS
Should probably be built into the core, and needs to stop pandering to DOS habits. Needs a dose of optimizium too. AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@activestate.com> HISTORY
o Support for globally overriding glob() (GSAR 3-JUN-98) o Scalar context, independent iterator context fixes (GSAR 15-SEP-97) o A few dir-vs-file optimizations result in glob importation being 10 times faster than using perlglob.exe, and using perlglob.bat is only twice as slow as perlglob.exe (GSAR 28-MAY-97) o Several cleanups prompted by lack of compatible perlglob.exe under Borland (GSAR 27-MAY-97) o Initial version (GSAR 20-FEB-97) SEE ALSO
perl perlglob.bat Text::ParseWords perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::DosGlob(3pm)