Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Private network
Special Forums IP Networking Private network Post 302096907 by grial on Monday 20th of November 2006 11:14:59 AM
Old 11-20-2006
I'm not sure if it's possible, but I do not know any possibility of having one "card port" belonging to two or more VPN's (If it is, you will be sharing bandwidth and that's not what you want)... So, you'll need one port for each VPN and then, of course, one interface for each vpn... At least if "port" means the place where you plug the wire... Smilie
You don't need to buy more NICs if you have free ports.
Regards.

Last edited by grial; 11-20-2006 at 12:21 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Able to ping server's private network

Hi guys, I'm in the progress of setting up a private network in our Sun solaris platform. Existing ip: 172.16.102.101 New private ip: 192.168.2.3 Netmask is the same for both private & public 255.255.255.0 After setting up the ip, I'm able to ping this private ip address from our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Private Network

Hello, I have a desktop which has two network cards installed on it and I connected these two card through a hub. On the desktop in have installed a Windows Vista Home Edition SO and a Windowx XP SO in a virtual way. I also had intalled a Virtual BOX software and Windows XP run through it. By... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zendcool
1 Replies
L2tpIPsecVpn(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   L2tpIPsecVpn(1)

NAME
L2tpIPsecVpn - L2tp over IPsec VPN Manager applet for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
L2tpIPsecVpn [options] DESCRIPTION
This GUI is not a network manager plugin. However, it provides a systray icon in the indicator applet from which a non privileged user can establish and bring down L2TP over IPsec VPN connections. From there the user can add, remove and edit vpn connections. Editing allows configuring various options for IPsec, L2TP and PPP. Among others, the user can configure eg. the gateway, the use of either PSK or a certificate for authentication, various L2TP options as redial- timeout and attempts and of course all important PPP options. It also allows you to configure PPP for tunnel splitting because you can add routes as you want. When applying your settings, all necessary configuration files are written accordingly (ipsec.conf, xl2tp.conf, options.xl2tpd, opensc.conf up and down scripts ...). It relies on Openswan and xl2tp packages as the underlying protocol handlers. You can also use certificates on your local machine or, if e.g. OpenSC is installed and configured, even on a smart card to handle PPP authentication. The GUI automatically detects when network interfaces are going up or down and can (if so configured) automatically establish or close VPN connections. OPTIONS
startConnectionEditor Starts the connection editor dialog. applySettings Write configuration files according to the connection settings, must be started with root privileges, ie use gksudo as non root user. deleteAllConfFiles Delete all configuration files, must be started with root privileges, ie use gksudo as non root user. AUTHORS
Werner Jaeger version 1.0.9 11 Oct 2012 L2tpIPsecVpn(1)