Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing the default 0.25 inch x-offset from postprint Post 302096902 by Lundgren on Monday 20th of November 2006 10:21:55 AM
Old 11-20-2006
Question Removing the default 0.25 inch x-offset from postprint?

I have set up a printer with
lpadmin -p printername -o protocol=bsd,dest=hostname,banner=never -v /dev/null -m netstandard -T PS -I
to get around some other problems as that the printer completely ignored the print jobs when it was originaly sent as plain text. Sending it as postscript also takes care of non-english characters.

Everything is peachy, except postprint moves everything 0.25" to the right by default. As the print-job is created by a COBOL system, I can't just add "-y x=0" to the lp command to remove it.

Anyone who could give me some pointers how to fix this? Any good swith to lpadmin? Or how I could alter a printer filter... Smilie

Thanks in advance Smilie

Last edited by Lundgren; 11-20-2006 at 11:28 AM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Negative Offset

Function: int fcntl(int fd, int cmd, struct flock * lock) Data Type: struct flock This structure is used with the fcntl function to describe a file lock. It has these members: off_t l_start This specifies the offset of the start of the region to which the lock applies, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tail with positive offset

I have read the below from the book bash cookbook.Tail +1 filenames is similar to cat filename I have tried the same in Ubuntu 11.10 with bash. 4.0 . I have received error for the Same. May I know in which system that will work fine ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep --byte-offset not returning the offset (Grep version 2.5.1)

Hi, I am trying to get the position of a repeated string in a line using grep -b -o "pattern" In my server I am using GNU grep version 2.14 and the code is working fine. However when I am deploying the same code in a different server which is using GNU grep version 2.5.1 the code is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subhamoy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File name offset

Dear all, I want to offset the file numbers. can you please make some awk code or linux code for the same. Example: input file names ANI_WFMASS_PIST00001.gif ANI_WFMASS_PIST00002.gif . . . ANI_WFMASS_PIST0000n.gif offset --> 30 ANI_WFMASS_PIST00031.gif ANI_WFMASS_PIST00032.gif... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kri321shna
14 Replies
classes.conf(5) 						    Apple Inc.							   classes.conf(5)

NAME
classes.conf - class configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The classes.conf file defines the local printer classes that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is gener- ated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printer classes are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Class name> ... </Class> Defines a specific printer class. <DefaultClass name> ... </Class> Defines a default printer class. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. Printer Specifies a printer that is a member of the printer class. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS classes.conf(5)