Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: blinking text
Top Forums Programming blinking text Post 302096776 by ramesh.jella on Saturday 18th of November 2006 03:08:47 AM
Old 11-18-2006
thak you

thank you very much
it is nice

my out is like

this is blink->H

can i ask u another doubt

H was not blinking
is it blink

by which way it will be.

once again thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output suppose in run a.sh script inside echo "hello world " i want that this should blink in the output and also the font size of hello world should be big .. could you please help me out in this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blinking cursor

Cursor is blinking (slightly) while loading page in Firefox, or during scrolling a window. I tried some variants of linux (gnome permanently) and of course my solaris. May be an artifact of X-window? Cause in windows cursor is stable (i'm feeling more confident). PS: It makes me nervous. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gvim: avoid cursor blinking if window inactive

Hi, I'm a newbie here and don't know if this is the right forum for my question, but I searched for a forum for gvim and can't find one. My gvim shows always a blinking cursor, also if it is not the active xwindow. So I write very often in other xwindows, when editing with gvim. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeckle
3 Replies

4. Solaris

T5240 netmgmt port not blinking

I was trying to configure the netmgmt from the serial and set commitpending to true. However, the netmgmt port is not up and blinking. I tried to connect using my notebook directly to the netmgmt port and am not able to ping as well. Previouly i was doing the firmware upgrade using the webconsole.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dell monitor blinking with the Solaris

Hi I have experienced some problems with the new monitor on my Solaris WS (Solaris5.4). Old monitor (Sony ES200) died an we installed a new one (Dell Ultrascan P780) The system booted but the monitor statrted blinking at the rate about once in 5-7 seconds. This is espetially strange that the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop blinking text after process is complete

Trying to make some blinking text to designate a process taking place. Trying to figure out how when the process is complete how to end the blinking. I could clear out but then I lose any prior output which I don't want. echo "Archiving Files..." printf "\x1b (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number

I am trying to use awk skip each line with a ## or # and check each line after for STB= and if that value in greater than or = to 0.8, then at the end of line the text "STRAND BIAS" is written in else "GOOD". So in the file of 4 entries attached. awk tried: awk NR > "##"' "#" -F"STB="... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

8. Debian

Debian fresh install blinking cursor meaning?

Hello, I have downloaded and install debian in computer it is blinking cursor what this mean? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riteshkakkar
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Useradd not creating users and just got blinking cursor

Suddenly useradd command is not working,no errors displayed and just got blinking cursor after hitting the command but not actually creating users as expected. Tried using the groupadd command but same results. The last thing that I did if I can remember is changing the default run level from 5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norbie.lopez
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
initscr(3NCURSES)														 initscr(3NCURSES)

NAME
initscr, newterm, endwin, isendwin, set_term, delscreen - curses screen initialization and manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> WINDOW *initscr(void); int endwin(void); bool isendwin(void); SCREEN *newterm(char *type, FILE *outfd, FILE *infd); SCREEN *set_term(SCREEN *new); void delscreen(SCREEN* sp); DESCRIPTION
initscr is normally the first curses routine to call when initializing a program. A few special routines sometimes need to be called be- fore it; these are slk_init, filter, ripoffline, use_env. For multiple-terminal applications, newterm may be called before initscr. The initscr code determines the terminal type and initializes all curses data structures. initscr also causes the first call to refresh to clear the screen. If errors occur, initscr writes an appropriate error message to standard error and exits; otherwise, a pointer is re- turned to stdscr. A program that outputs to more than one terminal should use the newterm routine for each terminal instead of initscr. A program that needs to inspect capabilities, so it can continue to run in a line-oriented mode if the terminal cannot support a screen-oriented program, would also use newterm. The routine newterm should be called once for each terminal. It returns a variable of type SCREEN * which should be saved as a reference to that terminal. The arguments are the type of the terminal to be used in place of $TERM, a file pointer for output to the terminal, and another file pointer for input from the terminal (if type is NULL, $TERM will be used). The program must also call endwin for each terminal being used before exiting from curses. If newterm is called more than once for the same terminal, the first ter- minal referred to must be the last one for which endwin is called. A program should always call endwin before exiting or escaping from curses mode temporarily. This routine restores tty modes, moves the cursor to the lower left-hand corner of the screen and resets the terminal into the proper non-visual mode. Calling refresh or doupdate after a temporary escape causes the program to resume visual mode. The isendwin routine returns TRUE if endwin has been called without any subsequent calls to wrefresh, and FALSE otherwise. The set_term routine is used to switch between different terminals. The screen reference new becomes the new current terminal. The previ- ous terminal is returned by the routine. This is the only routine which manipulates SCREEN pointers; all other routines affect only the current terminal. The delscreen routine frees storage associated with the SCREEN data structure. The endwin routine does not do this, so delscreen should be called after endwin if a particular SCREEN is no longer needed. RETURN VALUE
endwin returns the integer ERR upon failure and OK upon successful completion. Routines that return pointers always return NULL on error. X/Open defines no error conditions. In this implementation endwin returns an error if the terminal was not initialized. NOTES
Note that initscr and newterm may be macros. PORTABILITY
These functions are described in the XSI Curses standard, Issue 4. It specifies that portable applications must not call initscr more than once. Old versions of curses, e.g., BSD 4.4, may have returned a null pointer from initscr when an error is detected, rather than exiting. It is safe but redundant to check the return value of initscr in XSI Curses. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), kernel(3NCURSES), refresh(3NCURSES), slk(3NCURSES), util(3NCURSES), curses_variables(3NCURSES). initscr(3NCURSES)