Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Changing fname in /proc filesystem Post 302096744 by jim mcnamara on Friday 17th of November 2006 05:07:49 PM
Old 11-17-2006
What I think your problem is: being able to view the name of the file in the /proc directory in ps. What my solution is: make the file look like another one completely -disguise the actual name of the file - since you wanted to "rename" a /proc file entry, this renames the entry as far as ps is concerned. But not as far as the prog2 is concerned.

Code:
ln -s /proc/directory/somefile ./somelink
prog2 ./somelink

The ps display will show ./somelink not /proc.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about /proc

hi, we all know /proc is about the information of active process, I have just read an artical which said you can use /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/net./proc/meminfo etc. to know about some hardware information .But I want to know how to use with command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Changing Filesystem size.

Hi there, can i change the size of filesystem afterwards. i want give some more space to my /export/home and want take some space from /opt. is it possible in solaris ? Any help will be appriciated. Abid (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 /proc making filesystem full

Hi all, I have a solaris 10 box on which /proc is a part of / The problem is that my / partition is getting full mainly due to /proc getting a lot of files. My question is : Can I delete files/directories in /proc directory. If not what could be the other way round to clean up /proc so... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
18 Replies

6. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

7. Linux

Tripwire Nightware on Linux (proc filesystem)

Hello, I am having a nightmare with Tripwire on Linux..... I cannot get it to ignore the /proc filesystem, which I want to completely ignore for now Has anyone here successfully configured Tripwire on Linux and completed ignored the /proc filesystem ? If so, please reply and tell me how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

10. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler(3)			       Tk Library Procedures				  Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler, Tk_DeleteClientMessageHandler - associate procedure callback with ClientMessage type X events SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler(proc) Tk_DeleteClientMessageHandler(proc) ARGUMENTS
Tk_ClientMessageProc *proc (in) Procedure to invoke whenever a ClientMessage X event occurs on any display. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler arranges for proc to be invoked in the future whenever a ClientMessage X event occurs that is not handled by WM_PROTOCOL. Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler is intended for use by applications which need to watch X ClientMessage events, such as drag and drop applications. The callback to proc will be made by Tk_HandleEvent; this mechanism only works in programs that dispatch events through Tk_HandleEvent (or through other Tk procedures that call Tk_HandleEvent, such as Tk_DoOneEvent or Tk_MainLoop). Proc should have arguments and result that match the type Tk_ClientMessageProc: typedef int Tk_ClientMessageProc( Tk_Window tkwin, XEvent *eventPtr); The tkwin parameter to proc is the Tk window which is associated with this event. EventPtr is a pointer to the X event. Whenever an X ClientMessage event is processed by Tk_HandleEvent, the proc is called if it was not handled as a WM_PROTOCOL. The return value from proc is normally 0. A non-zero return value indicates that the event is not to be handled further; that is, proc has done all processing that is to be allowed for the event. If there are multiple ClientMessage event handlers, each one is called for each event, in the order in which they were established. Tk_DeleteClientMessageHandler may be called to delete a previously-created ClientMessage event handler: it deletes each handler it finds that matches the proc argument. If no such handler exists, then Tk_DeleteClientMessageHandler returns without doing anything. Although Tk supports it, it's probably a bad idea to have more than one callback with the same proc argument. KEYWORDS
bind, callback, event, handler Tk 8.4 Tk_CreateClientMessageHandler(3)