Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: counting the packets
Special Forums IP Networking counting the packets Post 302096675 by damn_bkb on Friday 17th of November 2006 06:55:27 AM
Old 11-17-2006
using C

i am planning to implement this in unix system and want to do this using C as that is the language that know well.... how doi start with it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending packets

How can i send a packet, and what is an empty packet? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar0fEvil
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Redirecting outgoing packets

I'd like to find out how to redirect Outbound packets. So instead of having packets go to IP1 as they normally would, have them go to IP2 instead. I believe this is possible using IPFW but I'm not sure. I've played with it, but haven't gotten too far. Any ideas would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seraph
1 Replies

3. Programming

Packets Getting Lost

I am working on a project, which has the following type of hardware setup. A special hardware device is receiving data from an external network interface. So we can have multiple such a hardware devices. Now these hardware devices will route the captured incoming data through the external... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping network packets

Hi, My Solaris Workstation has got 4 NICS, out of which one of them(bge3) is unplugged from the rest of the external network & connected to other interface(bge1). The isolated NIC serves as a simulated Ethernet Interface for my application under development. Now, I'd like to capture RAW... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ethernet packets counting

salutation experts, I want to counting arrival and outgoing packets in a specific interval (ethernet interface), what library or method you offer me that i can use it in c lang? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galaxy.ice
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send packets

Hello I need to send some packets to check connection. Packets will be catch by snoop. Is there any Sun tool to send some packets on selected IP and Port? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miojamo
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Accept SNMP Packets...

hi guys I've configured snmp on some linux snmpd.conf rocommunity com_read x.x.x.10 rwcommunity com_write x.x.x.10 Now one of my coworkers asked to do the same that he does on windows for my linux.... But I have no idea how to configure that basically when SNMP is configure there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

9. Solaris

multitude of packets from 127.0.0.1

I was checking routing table, and noticed that our server has a lot packets from localhost: Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface -------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ --------- .. 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Route packets over specified interface

Hi, I'm quite new to unix networking and ip tables. I'm running a debian (htpc) server with two NIC's; eth0 and wlan0. I'm trying to set it up in a way that eth0 is the default interface for internet, but some processes should run through wlan0. For example, I'm using eth0 for downloads... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
2 Replies
XSelectInput(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XSelectInput(3)

NAME
XSelectInput - select input events SYNTAX
int XSelectInput(Display *display, Window w, long event_mask); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. event_mask Specifies the event mask. w Specifies the window whose events you are interested in. DESCRIPTION
The XSelectInput function requests that the X server report the events associated with the specified event mask. Initially, X will not report any of these events. Events are reported relative to a window. If a window is not interested in a device event, it usually propa- gates to the closest ancestor that is interested, unless the do_not_propagate mask prohibits it. Setting the event-mask attribute of a window overrides any previous call for the same window but not for other clients. Multiple clients can select for the same events on the same window with the following restrictions: o Multiple clients can select events on the same window because their event masks are disjoint. When the X server generates an event, it reports it to all interested clients. o Only one client at a time can select CirculateRequest, ConfigureRequest, or MapRequest events, which are associated with the event mask SubstructureRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ResizeRequest event, which is associated with the event mask ResizeRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ButtonPress event, which is associated with the event mask ButtonPressMask. The server reports the event to all interested clients. XSelectInput can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XSelectInput(3)