Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: counting the packets
Special Forums IP Networking counting the packets Post 302096675 by damn_bkb on Friday 17th of November 2006 06:55:27 AM
Old 11-17-2006
using C

i am planning to implement this in unix system and want to do this using C as that is the language that know well.... how doi start with it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending packets

How can i send a packet, and what is an empty packet? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar0fEvil
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Redirecting outgoing packets

I'd like to find out how to redirect Outbound packets. So instead of having packets go to IP1 as they normally would, have them go to IP2 instead. I believe this is possible using IPFW but I'm not sure. I've played with it, but haven't gotten too far. Any ideas would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seraph
1 Replies

3. Programming

Packets Getting Lost

I am working on a project, which has the following type of hardware setup. A special hardware device is receiving data from an external network interface. So we can have multiple such a hardware devices. Now these hardware devices will route the captured incoming data through the external... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumping network packets

Hi, My Solaris Workstation has got 4 NICS, out of which one of them(bge3) is unplugged from the rest of the external network & connected to other interface(bge1). The isolated NIC serves as a simulated Ethernet Interface for my application under development. Now, I'd like to capture RAW... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ethernet packets counting

salutation experts, I want to counting arrival and outgoing packets in a specific interval (ethernet interface), what library or method you offer me that i can use it in c lang? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galaxy.ice
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send packets

Hello I need to send some packets to check connection. Packets will be catch by snoop. Is there any Sun tool to send some packets on selected IP and Port? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miojamo
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Accept SNMP Packets...

hi guys I've configured snmp on some linux snmpd.conf rocommunity com_read x.x.x.10 rwcommunity com_write x.x.x.10 Now one of my coworkers asked to do the same that he does on windows for my linux.... But I have no idea how to configure that basically when SNMP is configure there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

9. Solaris

multitude of packets from 127.0.0.1

I was checking routing table, and noticed that our server has a lot packets from localhost: Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface -------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ --------- .. 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Route packets over specified interface

Hi, I'm quite new to unix networking and ip tables. I'm running a debian (htpc) server with two NIC's; eth0 and wlan0. I'm trying to set it up in a way that eth0 is the default interface for internet, but some processes should run through wlan0. For example, I'm using eth0 for downloads... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
2 Replies
aseqnet(1)						      General Commands Manual							aseqnet(1)

NAME
aseqnet - ALSA sequencer connectors over network SYNOPSIS
aseqnet [remotehost] DESCRIPTION
aseqnet is an ALSA sequencer client which sends and receives event packets over network. Suppose two hosts connected by network, hostA as a server and hostB as a client. The ALSA sequencer system must be running on both hosts. For creating the server port, run the following on hostA: hostA% aseqnet sequencer opened: 128:0 Then a user client 128 with port 0 was opened on hostA. (The client number may vary.) For creating the (network-)client port, run aseqnet with the hostname of the server: hostB% aseqnet hostA sequencer opened: 132:0 Now all events sent to hostA:128:0 are transferred to hostB:132:0, and vice versa. The ports created by aseqnet can be connected arbitrary to other sequencer ports via aconnect(1). For example, to connect hostB:132:0 to a MIDI output device 65:0: hostB% aconnect 132:0 65:0 Then events to hostA:128:0 will be delivered to hostB:65:0. The following command plays MIDI on hostB. hostA% pmidi -p 128:0 foo.mid The multiple clients may exist simultaneously. If hostC is connected as a client to hostA, events from from hostA are sent to all con- nected network clients, i.e. hostB and hostC. However, only one connection is allowed from a client to a server. To disconnect network, stop all clients before server by ctrl-C or sending signal to them. The server will automatically quit. OPTIONS
-p port Specify the TCP port number or TCP service name. -s addr Subscribe to the given address for read automatically. -d addr Subscribe to the given address for write automatically. -v Verbose mode. SEE ALSO
aconnect(1), pmidi(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>. January 1, 2000 aseqnet(1)