Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris test a mirror before going live Post 302096608 by Sowser on Thursday 16th of November 2006 02:54:39 PM
Old 11-16-2006
test

Since it isnt production yet, you should be able to boot it at will.

try booting from each disk from the ok prompt....there are more drastic ways of testing, but i think that might be good enough.

boot 'diskname'
boot 'disknamemirror'

or something like that. you will have to check the alias name for your disks.

-S

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-readahead-replay.service		       SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-readahead-replay.service, systemd-readahead-collect.service, systemd-readahead-done.service, systemd-readahead-done.timer, systemd- readahead - Disk read ahead logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-readahead-replay.service systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-done.service systemd-readahead-done.timer /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead/systemd-readahead [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [DIRECTORY | FILE] DESCRIPTION
systemd-readahead-collect.service is a service that collects disk usage patterns at boot time. systemd-readahead-replay.service is a service that replays this access data collected at the subsequent boot. Since disks tend to be magnitudes slower than RAM, this is intended to improve boot speeds by pre-loading early at boot all data on disk that is known to be read for the complete boot process. systemd-readahead-done.service is executed a short while after boot completed and signals systemd-readahead-collect.service to end data collection. On this signal, this service will then sort the collected disk accesses and store information about them in /.readahead. Normally, both systemd-readahead-collect.service and systemd-readahead-replay.service are activated at boot so that access patterns from the preceding boot are replayed and new data collected for the subsequent boot. However, on read-only media where the collected data cannot be stored, it might be a good idea to disable systemd-readahead-collect.service. On rotating media, when replaying disk accesses at early boot, systemd-readahead-replay.service will order read requests by their location on disk. On non-rotating media, they will be ordered by their original access timestamp. If the file system supports it, systemd-readahead-collect.service will also defragment and rearrange files on disk to optimize subsequent boot times. OPTIONS
systemd-readahead understands the following options: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --max-files= Maximum number of files to read ahead. Only valid for thes collect command. --file-size-max= Maximum size of files in bytes to read ahead. Only valid for the collect and replay commands. --timeout= Maximum time in microseconds to spend collecting data. Only valid for the collect command. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood by systemd-readahead: collect [DIRECTORY] Collect read-ahead data on early boot. When terminating, it will write out a pack file to the indicated directory containing the read-ahead data. replay [DIRECTORY] Perform read-ahead on the specified directory tree. analyze [FILE] Dumps the content of the read-ahead pack file to the terminal. For each file, the output lists approximately how much will be read ahead by the replay command. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)