Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gzip by date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers gzip by date Post 302096592 by hnhegde on Thursday 16th of November 2006 11:49:20 AM
Old 11-16-2006
Hi queencourt,

I don't think, gzip gives you a feature to append date to the filename, but you can might get some clues here: https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/26521-append-date-filename.html and here: https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/22812-insert-date-time-within-filename.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GZIP help, please!

Gurus, My own stupidity (or ignorance...or both) put me in the situation I am in and I need help please: 1-My shell account (OS: HP UX v11) contains several work directories (/docs, /scripts...) 2-Our sysadmin has implemented aggressive disk quotas so I have to compress the files I put here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

2. SCO

gzip

ciao a tutti, premesso che sono un principiante di unix, avrei bisogno di gzip/gunzip e SOPRATTUTTO delle istruzioni (ahimè dettagliatissime, come per un bimbo!) per installarlo... grazie mille, ciao (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfran2002
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip

Hi All, I have some files which are 01.tar.gz, 02.tar.gz,03.tar.gz ........30.tar.gz. when I want to extract the files I 'm using this command "gzip -dc *.tar.gz | tar -xvf -" but it just uncompress 01.tar.gz how can I uncompress all of them ? thanx alice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
2 Replies

4. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with GZIP

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement to zip a file using gzip and ftp it to target server. I am using a gzip script as below. gzip.sh #!/bin/ksh /usr/bin/gzip -9 $1 Filename for gzip.sh is passed by an application program. so the output for ./gzip.sh Test_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.txt (file name is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRVARMA
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to tar and gzip files per date

hi, I have multiple files created per date every day. I want to be able to tar all the files older than 7 days into a single file and then gzip that tarred file and move it to a separate partition. Then delete the actual files. Eg - "ls -l" shows Dec 8 has 6-8 files created. I want to tar... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal7
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip

how to zip all log file in a folder expect the latest gzip * ---> will zip all log files but I don't want the latest file to be zipped ex: file1, file2, file3, file4, file5 any single command to gzip all files excpet file5 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmann
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules available --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.1.19. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2018 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2018 php-config(1)